Can't get Behringer x32 to act as control surface w/sonar

Benjamin Robinson

Question

I am trying to interface my Behringer X32 with Sonar. I am able to connect as an audio interface and have a signal from the mixer to Sonar. But I have no playback from Sonar to the Mixer (just one way communication from mixer to Sonar).  I am unable to get the mixer to work as a control surface. I am attaching photos of the relevant screens and settings from Sonar & the X32. I would appreciate any help. I have run out of things to try.

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1441 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1441.JPG

IMG_1442 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1443 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

2 answers to this question

I use a Behringer X-Touch as my control surface and have it set to Mackie Control, this works perfectly, and not as you have Mackie Control XT. There are also option within the X32 itself to set the control protocol that will be used. Details of how to change these can be found on page 55 of the user manual.

Hope that helps.

Make sure you have the X32 setup to allow daw control in the settings. There is a setting the main area to enable DAW control. Also, remeber you have to push the physical "DAW" button on the X32 to enable/disable this feature.

If you have done all that you could get a midi monitor program to make sure your PC is seeing the Midi commands sent in.