Silent Buses Detected

azabache1993

Question

Hello. I'm having a problem with Cakewalk that I didn't originally have. For some reason, all of a sudden, this message appeared:

1216758627_Anotacin2020-07-06192052.png.7739959eed39330814de07f2f23735f1.png

It might have something to do with ASIO and ASIO4ALL and all that. I think my computer doesn't have ASIO, so I installed the ASIO4ALL thingy and it actually worked. Pretty badly, but it worked. Instead of the sound coming from my headphones like everything else, it came out of my TV's speakers that I use as a monitor. But it seems I've touched something  and now this  thing appears. I'm sorry if I seem helpless, but I actually don't know anything about this stuff. I just personally want to make music and stuff. But this whole thing with the audio and drivers or whatever is just a nightmare. I hope you can help me. Thank you for reading.

5 answers to this question

OMG, I ACTUALLY FIXED IT, HOLY! By myself! And everything works well for now! I installed FL Studio Demo    and registered the FL Studio ASIO drivers that come with the program and used them on Cakewalk! OMG, I'M SO HAPPY! I had to find the .bat file that you have to manually click to install the drivers to your PC! This is so cool!

The message is cause when something is routed to a destination that no longer exists.

The message indicates the problem is with a bus called Master but consider reviewing the output settings for tracks, sends and buses. Anything that can send data out of the DAW.

It is not a fatal message, just a warning that one or more output drop downs in the project is going nowhere.

This message even appears when an output is intentionally set to None.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, azabache1993 said:

OMG, I ACTUALLY FIXED IT, HOLY! By myself! And everything works well for now! I installed FL Studio Demo    and registered the FL Studio ASIO drivers that come with the program and used them on Cakewalk! OMG, I'M SO HAPPY! I had to find the .bat file that you have to manually click to install the drivers to your PC! This is so cool!

What this did was install FL Studio's version of ASIO4All.

Unlike some DAWs, CbB does not need an ASIO driver to work. CbB support a variety of driver modes. For those using CbB and Win10 who do not have a dedicated audio interface with a factory supplied ASIO driver, using one of the WASAPI modes is often a good solution.

Generic ASIO drivers like ASIO4All and FL Studio are not really drivers at all. They are wrappers that present Windows WDM drivers as ASIO to programs that can use ASIO such as DAWs. CbB natively supports WDM too.

Should you ever get a dedicated audio interface with a factory supplied ASIO driver remember to uninstall the FL Studio Generic ASIO Driver as an interface should have only one ASIO driver installed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

What this did was install FL Studio's version of ASIO4All.

Unlike some DAWs, CbB does not need an ASIO driver to work. CbB support a variety of driver modes. For those using CbB and Win10 who do not have a dedicated audio interface with a factory supplied ASIO driver, using one of the WASAPI modes is often a good solution.

Generic ASIO drivers like ASIO4All and FL Studio are not really drivers at all. They are wrappers that present Windows WDM drivers as ASIO to programs that can use ASIO such as DAWs. CbB natively supports WDM too.

Should you ever get a dedicated audio interface with a factory supplied ASIO driver remember to uninstall the FL Studio Generic ASIO Driver as an interface should have only one ASIO driver installed.

Yo, thank you for answering. I understand a bit better now. However, the problem came back for some reason. I don't know why, it just came back after I turned off and on my computer. It's the same original problem... I'm really clueless as to what I should do. I can't listen to the music I make. Like, if I want to play what I wrote in the piano roll view, it doesn't play anything... I know you just explained it to me, but... Do you think you can help me? That'd be really appreciated.

When sharing the same audio hardware (such as the internal PC sound chip) between CbB and Windows and make sure that both Windows and CbB are set to the same sample rate. Sample rate for new projects and projects without any recorded audio in CbB is set in preferences. Here is how to set sample rate in Win10

If running Win10 try using the WASAPI driver modes  instead of ASIO in preferences.

Double check the output drop down in the project's Master bus. It should be set to the audio output device selected in preferences.