60% Off Cabal 8 by Wavelet Audio

Audio Plugin Deals

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

Your insignia looks a lot like this:

sigil.jpg.e44a6554364721922554c0311d24c0e3.jpg

I know it's a marketing gimmick, appealing to some of the heavy metal crowd, but still........ I enjoy watching a supernatural or satanic movie every now and then but I wouldn't be painting the Sigil of Baphomet or it's likeness on my acoustic or electric guitar and neither would I buy a guitar VST with that on it. I don't know how you can say you are Orthadox Christians yet produce a product with that on it. Actions speak louder than words. Can't you just change it into a mysterious looking triangle shape since triangles would be compatible with your Cabal title being mysterious and intriguing like the Bermuda Triangle.

It's annoying because I am interested in buying Guitar VST's and then having to write a company off because of that. If your thinking of branching into more mainstream avenues like pop then it might be worth thinking about changing it. Just providing some feedback.

Interesting, putting it on purchase hold as well... due to the same facts.

@Wavelet Audio Any comments you could add regarding Tezza's find?

I was interested, but the whole Satanic emblem thing is giving me pause, too. Plus, I'm not a metal guy at all, farthest from it, in fact. I'm guessing it would sound good on different genres, but for now I guess it's not really something I need. Still, the features are great and the price is right...hmm..principles or practicality always struggle with each other. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 3:26 PM, ZokZTM said:

@Wavelet Audio Any comments you could add regarding Tezza's find?

We would not comment this but we want to be open with you, guys. Frankly speaking, replacing/removing this sign will cost a disastrously large budget to change all marketing materials. We will need to change all images, all videos, etc. Of course, it will be possible to release a patch and warn all people that it exists. But it sounds silly. Also, this sign DOES NOT exist in our Elements libraries - High _Gain and Crunch. They are a part of Cabal 8 Full. In other words, if you use Hi-Gain and Crunch guitars and do not use DI guitar then you will never see this sign.

I remember one developer made a library with choir and screams. And then people found that in some combinations they shout something offensive and religious in Persian or Arabic. We understand that you might be offended by this sign. We guarantee that this is just an accident. We just wanted to do graphic design in the spirit of Doom game. In addition, you can use the instrument by completely hiding this sign, using another part of guitar fretboard (with tune settings). We have always been thinking and believing that stylish graphic design and cool atmosphere help to draw inspiration from the instrument. After all, we could save money and just add white knobs and buttons on a black background. But our desire for cool graphic design this time led to such an incident. I do not know what else comments we can add.

WA Team.

I went ahead and picked it up, because I didn't feel at all offended by the imagery (my music needs all the paranormal assistance it can get 😁), but I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed with it.  There are only 7 MIDI files included, just a few bars in each.  So kind of a let down there.  The graphic/text is a bit hard to read at 4k, some more contrast would have been nice.  I don't think it is doing the pitch bend all that well either (based on the included MIDI files) compared to some other guitars (Orange Tree Infinity and Shreddage 3 Jupiter) using the same MIDI.  It does do pretty nicely with Heavier 7 Strings MIDI riffs though.  Better than H7S does with Cabal's riffs (odd that).  Of course MIDI guitars all have issues -- I'm not sure MIDI really captures a guitar performance correctly.  It's even harder to share MIDI clips with them.  You pretty much have to write to the instrument.

Cabal is not the worst Kontakt guitar I've bought, but it's not the best either.  Kind of blah really.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

There are only 7 MIDI files included, just a few bars in each.  So kind of a let down there.

Thanks for ordering our library! Well, we did not plan to make a collection of midis in the first place. Just a couple of clear examples of how to work with the instrument.

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I don't think it is doing the pitch bend all that well either (based on the included MIDI files) compared to some other guitars

Do you not mind to let us know what do you mean by "I don't think it is doing the pitch bend all that well either"? A little reminder, you can set-up your pitch-bend here (see screenshots). We find it important to be able to control the pitch-bend bounds.

Finally, we personally like to use the following VST guitar plugins with the instrument (not advertising :D: BIAS by PositiveGrid, lexTac by LePou (free), TH3 by Overloud, Bulldozer by Audio Assault. Plus, some EQ to taste. Hope it helps.

WA Team ❤️

2020-07-12_21-16-11.png

2020-07-12_21-16-47.png

• Thanks 1

For the pitch bend I didn't do anything.  I loaded the Guitar (any of them, though I mostly used the two with amps already included which don't seem to have the slide range selection) and loaded say Midi-4 [155bpm].MID and set the instrument to velocity mode, set my DAW to 155 bmp and hit play.  The pitch bend in that MIDI file plays back very synthy.  Here's Midi-4 with the Cabal 8 Crunch instrument.

Cabal8CrunchMIDI4.mp3