Can you change the CTRL keyboard shortcut

J. King

Question

Hey guys,

Wondering if there is a workaround or a way to change what the CTRL button keyboard shortcut does.  When you press it (by accident in my case when the orange light pops up) it will change every value in the project.  Example - Hit the enable/disable button on the compressor in the pro channel will turn on every compressor in the project.  It's a cool feature when it's wanted but my issue is I usually have my finger on the SHIFT key alot for the precise adjustments so I often hit the CTRL by accident and with one stroke of the key, your whole mix can get fried.  Have destroyed many a mix this way (for a while didn't know what I did wrong lol)  You cannot undo it either

Tried going into the keyboard shortcuts in preferences to change it but there is no parameter for just the CTRL key.  A CTRL + another key to do that global type function would be great as it would be alot harder to make that mistake.  If anyone has some workarounds, would love to hear them.  Always save is the mantra of course but usually I'm not aware I even did it till it's too late.  Anywho, any advice is appreciated, thanks!

J

6 answers to this question

Depends on the version of CbB.

Prior to CbB 2019.09 build 25.09.0.68 depressing CTRL invokes quick group for all tracks.

Starting with CbB 2019.09 build 25.09.0.68 quick group is disabled without an active track selection.

• Like 1

Thanks for responses.   It's the active track selection that gets me in trouble.  For some reason I tend to have multiple tracks highlighted at once.  Also get in some trouble with that copying and pasting.   Would love the option to add/change a key to invoke the quick group selection, otherwise I just have to be more careful I guess.   Definitely has been better since CbB 2019.09 though.  Cheers!