Loading Audio Regions on startup

brandon

Occasionally the project am working on currently takes a little while to open up. The mouse pointer turns blue and revolves and the project can display the 'not responding' message until maybe after 45 seconds it loads. At the same time the loading box in the bottom right corner displays a message saying Loading Audio Regions. Does this mean anything to anyone? it is not as if i have changed or added VSTs - it seems to be at random. In addition sometimes the VSTs can take a while to load before I can open a project.

It  takes time to load VSTI's samples that might be required for real time play back. Loading audio regions  ( i guess means just that - Time taken to read audio files from disk and get them aligned and ready for playback. I've noticed some projects take longer to load than others - it's usually a resource hungry VST instrument or 2 on my system.  Some VST's take a long time to load on their own as well - I know that Scuffham amps S-gear can take awhile to load on my system. It has it's internal list and Ir's to load until it's ready/.