73% off IK @ JRR Shop

Lemar Sain

23 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Good deal, unless you have enough jampoints. Then it's 39.99 - 30% = 27.99 directly from IK. That' a steal!

However 27.99 + 5.32 (VAT) = 33.31.

JRRShop still wins out for EU customers (not to mention $ vs €) 😂

Edited by Cristian
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Can't find out anywhere what amps it comes with, just says the new ones that have been added. When I tried the demo sometime ago, every preset I tried, I was bombarded with nag screens telling me I had to buy a particular thing in order to run the preset. Is this the same? I run an offline DAW and have no interest in products that want to continually phone home, the custom shop feature doesn't appeal to me. I just want to load it and play, without nag screens and crippled presets. 

EDIT:

Sounds like it is from a review:

Cons

The standard version only comes with a selection of gear

Most included presets are useless due to missing gear

Annoying warning messages when selecting presets with missing gear

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

Can't find out anywhere what amps it comes with, just says the new ones that have been added.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube4/index.php?p=gear

Although the new Marshall's can be quite good, and they are, with Amplitube the action starts with the various collections and addons you can buy.

I've owned everything (except the leslies)for as long as I can remember, I can't recall what a standard Amplitube is like.

Oh, and if the presets thing bothers you, don't use them, make your own. I've always just start of with whatever Amp I want, everything else turned off, always use 3rd party cab IR's and loader, then add FX if and when required.

Edited by ensconced

Yeh, I make my own sounds as well but it's nice to click through the presets to see what they sound like. For what is usually a $149.00 product, it just looks like a marketing exercise to me. It's referred to as an "entry level" product with expectation that you will buy more amps etc. I think I'll just stick with S-Gear for now. Start it, it works, sounds great and without crippled presets and annoying popups. I have my own real pedals and guitar rig 5, THU for other pedals, the THU pedals sound great in my opinion.

I'm not really a heavy metal or high distortion player anymore, fendery clean, crunch, rock is about as far as it goes.

I also like to keep it simple, I like to just see the amp in the GUI and not much else, twiddle the knobs and for them to respond like a real amp would. I've tried Amplitube on and off but it just doesn't work for me, too much on the screen. I cleaned out my CD's the other day and came across an old Amplitube fender that I used to own, that was just an amp, I loved it, wish they still made them like that. I think it was 32 bit though so I can't use it now.

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

Yeh, I make my own sounds as well but it's nice to click through the presets to see what they sound like. For what is usually a $149.00 product, it just looks like a marketing exercise to me. It's referred to as an "entry level" product with expectation that you will buy more amps etc. I think I'll just stick with S-Gear for now. Start it, it works, sounds great and without crippled presets and annoying popups. I have my own real pedals and guitar rig 5, THU for other pedals, the THU pedals sound great in my opinion.

I'm not really a heavy metal or high distortion player anymore, fendery clean, crunch, rock is about as far as it goes.

I also like to keep it simple, I like to just see the amp in the GUI and not much else, twiddle the knobs and for them to respond like a real amp would. I've tried Amplitube on and off but it just doesn't work for me, too much on the screen. I cleaned out my CD's the other day and came across an old Amplitube fender that I used to own, that was just an amp, I loved it, wish they still made them like that. I think it was 32 bit though so I can't use it now.

The amplitube Fender packages are routinely on sale individually for a pittance. The Super Reverb is pretty darn good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

The amplitube Fender packages are routinely on sale individually for a pittance. The Super Reverb is pretty darn good.

But you do have to run these from within Amplitube? They are not standalone amps, so you would have to buy  Amplitube first and then the fender packages after that, is that correct.

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

But you do have to run these from within Amplitube? They are not standalone amps, so you would have to buy  Amplitube first and then the fender packages after that, is that correct.

99% sure they'll run in the free Amplitube custom shop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

The free Amplitube Custom Shop is also standalone, so your collections would be standalone as well, even if you don't have the full Amplitube 4. You just need to stay within the menu/options of the collections you own, most of the other stuff will be disabled. That's what I have (the Fender collections, which I bought cheap; as mentioned by Craig, they do come up for sale every now and then). I have no intentions of getting the full Amplitube since I barely use the Fender collections, which are supposed to be among their best amps (they're not bad, I just prefer other sims most of the time). 

• Thanks 1