Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a different computer

Guit Solo

Question

I stared using Sonar Home Studio 7 on the first decade of this century using Windows XP. The time came to move into Windows 7 and I was able to move Sonar 7 into a different computer. While using Windows 7 I purchased Sonar Basic and Sonar Producer. Later on I ended up with Sonar Platinum. I was advised not to delete Sonar 7, Sonar Basic or Producer because Platinum was going to gather most if not all previously installed plugins into itself. In case I was going to need any of those older plugins, Platinum was going to have them on board.

And so it happened and things were up and running as expected. The time came to get more hard drive space which led into getting another computer with Windows 10. The Windows 7 computer didn't have enough hard drive space for such, nor suitable hardware to handle the upgrade. A new computer was required and now I'm in high need of re-installing programs into the new computer.

Now with the transition of Cakewalk into Bandlab I happen to be here looking for help,

Does the Cakewalk Command Center still work ? If it does; Will it be functional to help out throughout a transferring program processing?

Will I be able to re-install all previous Sonar versions I've had from the past after transferring program files into this new computer including all plugins?

If anyone out there may have some suggestions, I'd appreciate it

Thank you,

GS

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Guit Solo said:

Does the Cakewalk Command Center still work ?

yes

4 minutes ago, Guit Solo said:

Will I be able to re-install all previous Sonar versions I've had from the past after transferring program files into this new computer including all plugins?

yes

see this thread

• Like 1

I was able to make the transition. It took endless weeks but it happened. Now I have a registration synth issue. I've moved all my Cakewalk stuff into a new computer. However, the Dimension LE that I've owned for years is asking me to register the product once again. I thought the registration number was going to be there as part of the program files since it was registered years ago but such wasn't the case. Now I'm trying to see how I'd be able to move from this point on as the synth is not part of my registered products list. I think it was given to me as part of a Sonar 7 promotion back then.  Any suggestions..?

Sonar Platinum comes with Dimension Pro.  I would ditch Dimension LE and just use Dimension Pro.  It's been a while since I have used Dimension Pro (As I have Rapture Pro) I am not sure if Dimension Pro can use Dimension LE patches (Should be able to though)

Of course, you'll have to install Sonar Platinum.  Then install Dimension Pro and the 3 expansion packs.