sonar's Session Drummer

Yury

Hi

I Had on my computer both Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by Band Lab. Few day ago I upgraded my drive, so I had to reinstall everything.  I decide not to install Sonar, just Cake walk by Band Lab. To my surprise there were not Session Drums available with Band Lab. I used Session drums in many of my projects and I don't want to install sonar on the top of band lab and take lots of space. 

May be someone knows if Session drums available as separate software. If it is where to get it

I would like to know if it is possible to get hold of Session Drummer 3 rather than uninstall CbB, install Sonar Pro then reinstall CbB. My PC is set up nicely now after a few issues with Windows. I would rather not 'mess' about too much with it.  Might Bandlab be able to write a programme that would allow us to use the old Sonar freebies? Am sure it would be greatly appreciated by all. And if the developers of Session Drummer came on board it would probably generate sales in some of their kits.

32 minutes ago, Yury said:

I don't want to install sonar on the top of band lab and take lots of space

How much space does it take?

FWIW, should you change your mind, SONAR needs to be installed before CbB so that the parts they share are the latest from CbB.

The recommendation from BandLab has not changed since they introduced CbB, install Platinum then install CbB.

It is not necessary to install everything but the Platinum DAW itself must be installed to run some of the other Platinum installers. Unlike older versions of SONAR there is no advanced install option to install individual plug-ins. Plug-ins are grouped together into several installers. While one does not need to run all of them, other than skipping an entire installer there is no way to filter what gets installed.

BandLab Assistant makes it pretty easy to uninstall and re-install CbB.

22 minutes ago, scook said:

It was never sold separately. The company that made the product went out of business.

Does this mean that any licensing arrangements go out of the window? And if Bandlab wanted to they could include it with CbB?

• 2 months later...

Odd.  Out of curiosity, i wen tot the old Cakewalk site and logged into my account.  I can see all the stuff i ever downloaded and Session drummer 3 is listed separately including its own serial number.  And true enough, on one of my external back up drives I  have the install files for SD3 separate from the Sonar install files.   So does that mean that years ago I bought SD3 separately?   You see I never had Platinum as i couldn't afford it.    I had X3 Studio.    I know Studio came with SD2 built in so maybe in my case I got SD3 as an add on.      Maybe in Yuri's case he had SD3 built in as he was using Platinum. 

Session Drummer 3 has been available in Sonar since Sonar 8.5 Producer. That's when it replaced Session Drummer 2.

Doesn't appear to be much info on the net about X3 Studio, so have no idea about the bundle for that version.

Edited by abacab