Creativity / inspiration plugins

Sander Verstraten

Plugins like AAS Strum GS2 are great because a couple of random notes on the keyboard can give you a chord progression you might not  otherwise have come up with.   EZ Keys as well. 

Contests, particularly remix contests,  are also great because they force you to come up with ideas that are not obvious. 

• Like 2

SongWish's reMIDI and Squaredheads' Nora are quite interesting "sequencer" VSTs, that basically let you plug in MIDI files and then allow you to "key-shift" that MIDI data in real time. Both have demo/trial versions available.

Edited by Cristian
  • Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, mibby said:

Do a collaboration with someone.  That's what I miss most these days is having bandmates to bounce idea off of.  No plugin necessary or full Kontakt either.  😉

In this vein, does anyone have links to a website for finding random collab projects? Preferably that you've used.

To add to the list:

AAS Objeq Delay
Soundtoys Crystallizer
Voltage Modular
Waves OVox
Waves StudioRack
Waves MultiMod Rack

Edited by RSMcGuitar

2 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

does anyone have links to a website for finding random collab projects?

Personally, I've had the best luck getting to "know" like-minded people from forums I frequent and getting started that way.  "Cold turkey"  collab-type forums just don't seem to work - at least not for me.  :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

In this vein, does anyone have links to a website for finding random collab projects? Preferably that you've used.

The ones I have done have all started out from this forum, or more accurately, the old version of this forum.

I did join the songwriters forum years ago in search of more opportunities, but it seemed a bit cliquey there and there were too many picky forum rules for my liking so I never took to it.

Personally, I'm not sure I could do it if I didn't have some kind of feel beforehand for what the other people are like.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 5:23 PM, Bajan Blue said:

+2 Tantra - I also use Dmitry's synths all the time - also Object Delay and Boz Imperial delay - Valhalla reverbs and more expensive but great, anything Eventide

+3 Tantra.

Also XLN XO.

• Thanks 1

I have found a lot of inspiration playing around with Reaktor 6's Blocks platform.
NI's Raum and Replika are pretty creative reverb and delay effects that I have found a lot of use for.
If you need sounds, I have found that the Mosaic series by Heavyocity are pretty damn good.
With the full version of Kontakt, you might find a lot to like from Karanyi's scoring instrument Continuo, Triple Spiral Audio's Gh'nuhan and SonuScore's Origins Bundle.
I also used RA's Cinematrix to great effect with this song.

I hope nobody downvotes me for saying I use Songsmith on occasion.

I've found a lot of the Rigid libraries inspirational.  They seem to find good ways to combine sounds and patterns.

I was recently going through old projects and found a lot of them started with sequences from Absynth or Rapture.

Oh and if you really want to go all out, you could get UVI Falcon 2 right now with $50 off this weekend only. Also you get $100 voucher and an extra $30 off. So you could buy Falcon 2 for $50 off then buy 4 Expansion packs for $130 off and only pay $26! $505 value for $375 🤪

4 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Oh and if you really want to go all out, you could get UVI Falcon 2 right now with $50 off this weekend only. Also you get $100 voucher and an extra $30 off. So you could buy Falcon 2 for $50 off then buy 4 Expansion packs for $130 off and only pay $26! $505 value for $375 🤪

This borders on Larryesque. Well done!

• Haha 3