BX Rockergain 100 (ORANGE RockVerb)

ensconced

BX Rockergain 100 - $119.99 - $149   [Edit]The Email just came in, even better "Your Intro Price – $69.99* with voucher code:"

This must have been just released, didn't here anything about it yet. As usual I downloaded the demo, and as usual for PA Amp Sims I expected the same thing as usual, vomit inducing Recording Chains (Cab IR's) and just sounding generally pretty bad. Well I was wrong on both, the Recording Chains (Cab IR's) were actually useable for a change, and the sound was bad, but bad in a good way, this thing sounds great. Arguably sounds better with quality 3rd party IR's, and that's how I will use it, but surprisingly usable with the stock Recording Chains (Cab IR's) for me that is a first with PA (Maybe Lars isn't in charge of that department anymore😁). Well done PA, and well done Mr Nembrini.

Insta buy for me, and just got a $50 Loyalty voucher 🤠

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/bx_rockergain100.html

Edited by ensconced
  • Thanks 1

If I had to pick one, I'd choose the Amplitube Orange, more choice with more amps, and imo, more 'amp like' sound characteristics. That's not to say the PA doesn't sound good or anything, it does, but not necessarily as 'amp like' as Amplitube.

Email says it’s okay to share discount code, so here is the info:

Your Intro Price – $69.99* with voucher code:

ROCKERGAIN-INTRO-6999

Use this code during checkout to save. Valid until July 31.
Feel free to share this code with your friends.

Ech, and again stupid linear menu to pick an IR forcing to scroll  for ever up and down... 

Nice they started to add button to turn off included IRs not placing it as the last position on that long list but still how hard is to see it is the worst idea ever seen...

And how to trust about their so promoted  innovations if they are unable to see such terrible design decisions? :(

It is simple rule of thumb for GUI designers, if list is long never use this control in GUI...

Grrr...  I am curious this plugin but if before downloading it's annoying me... maybe skipping is the best for me...

9 minutes ago, antler said:

PA might actually get more sales if they broke up their vouchers - $50 into two $25 vouchers, $75 into three $25 vouchers, etc; I'm guessing it's possible to use more than one voucher per transaction?

Exactly! Even if they would let use a  voucher as substitute for any with lower value... I would gladly use my $50 voucher instead of $25 one...

It would be better than waiting till the last minute with stupid hope and see it is again in vain...

• Like 1