Project loads Synths even though they are not required

brandon

I have been working on a project and have tried out a number of drum VSTs including SI Drums, TTS1, MT Power Drumkit and SSD sampler.  I have tried each one out more than once before discarding it for the next one. However although  I have settled for one drum VST the deleted drum kits are being loaded every time I open the project. 

Is there something I can do/should have done to prevent this?

Make sure you delete the synths and the associated tracks from the Synth Rack view, then try, "Save As..." from the File Menu, and choose a different name, then close the project and open the newly named project. If  the problem persists it maybe you don't have full administrator privileges, then try launching Cakewalk as an administrator, and see if that's the issue, on saving your modified project.

These are just suggestions of things to try, otherwise it doesn't sound like a CbB issue perse...

NOTE *  be cautious when deleting and removing associated tracks.  You should use the " replace synth " dialogue when testing instruments. If those instruments are associated  ( assigned ) from a midi track you wish to save or archive - you will lose those midi tracks. I have complained about this in the past, as I think there should never be an instance where you can accidentally erase raw data tracks ( at least without a redundant warning ).  This can happen even with careful culling through track assignments. I think it can even hit hidden tracks.  The first time I came across the " remove associated tracks " I assumed it would just remove the Audio tracks assigned to the instrument being removed. No - it also removes any MIDI track assigned to the instrument as well. Imagine having 15-20 or so separate midi drum tracks assigned to multiple drum instruments. It can be easy to over look where those tracks are assigned if deleting one of the instruments.

Edited by RBH

12 hours ago, RBH said:

NOTE *  be cautious when deleting and removing associated tracks.  You should use the " replace synth " dialogue when testing instruments. If those instruments are associated  ( assigned ) from a midi track you wish to save or archive - you will lose those midi tracks. I have complained about this in the past, as I think there should never be an instance where you can accidentally erase raw data tracks ( at least without a redundant warning ).  This can happen even with careful culling through track assignments. I think it can even hit hidden tracks.  The first time I came across the " remove associated tracks " I assumed it would just remove the Audio tracks assigned to the instrument being removed. No - it also removes any MIDI track assigned to the instrument as well. Imagine having 15-20 or so separate midi drum tracks assigned to multiple drum instruments. It can be easy to over look where those tracks are assigned if deleting one of the instruments.

Very good point/advice and duly noted.

13 hours ago, Tez said:

Make sure you delete the synths and the associated tracks from the Synth Rack view, then try, "Save As..." from the File Menu, and choose a different name, then close the project and open the newly named project. If  the problem persists it maybe you don't have full administrator privileges, then try launching Cakewalk as an administrator, and see if that's the issue, on saving your modified project.

These are just suggestions of things to try, otherwise it doesn't sound like a CbB issue perse...

Yes thank you - it wasnt a CbB issue just an operator issue 🙂