Presonus is up to something

Sander Verstraten

12 hours ago, Zo said:

So by doung that , do you lose the qbility to use v4 ? 

11 hours ago, James Foxall said:

I am able to run v4 and v5 on my machine so it appears that the upgrade does not replace the previous version.

I loaded a big project in v5 and it ran just fine. I need to dig because nothing obvious has changed...

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

^^ this ^^

^^that^^

2 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Can't even get on jrr site the past 24 hrs or so.  Keep getting this error msg     Have I been singled out or is it same for everyone?

There has been an error processing your request

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

Same error that I have seen for the last 24 hours when I have tried to get into JRRshop.    BestService has SO v5 upgrade for $128.08 as previously stated.  

12 hours ago, Zo said:

They must be using some kb that are not present in win 7 but usually win 8 has the sale oackage as 10 ...anyway i ain t touching the system for now . 

There is talk that it is an 'artificial' block, in other words it would possibly run fine but PreSonus have decided to block the installation on Win7/8/8.1 for whatever reason, whether true or not who knows.

If you want to get a copy of Win10 Pro know for use later on at a cheap price, they are still available via the following. Don't worry that it says June 30, it has been extended. I just checked and they are still available.

Edited by ensconced

6 minutes ago, ensconced said:

There is talk that it is an 'artificial' block, in other words it would possibly run fine but PreSonus have decided to block the installation on Win7/8/8.1 for whatever reason, whether true or not who knows.

If you want to get a copy of Win10 Pro know for use later on at a cheap price, they are still available via the following. Don't worry that it says June 30, it has been extended. I just checked and they are still available.

It's not a question of price windows 10 is like to be linked to nsa for real lol security and privacy is gone , i'm good with windows 8 and i ain't moving for studio one lol !!!!

I will once i buy new laptop , i will also update the desktop ;)

17 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

The NSA has got you no matter what operating system you use. It's just an unfortunate fact of life now.

so true at least i'm trying to not pay and get annoyed with mircosft account creation , face recognition and all that crap lol

3 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Can't even get on jrr site the past 24 hrs or so.  Keep getting this error msg     Have I been singled out or is it same for everyone?

There has been an error processing your request

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

Yes, same error for me.  I have been trying to get to JRR Shop since yesterday afternoon (PDT) with no luck.  

Edited by Tom B

FYI

I saw a update on another site that the owner Eric? said they were aware and sorry about the problems - they hoped to have things up and running today, but I guess they ran into more problems.

I had some "bucks" available from other purchases at Best Service and managed to pick up the SO Pro upgrade for $122 from them. Got the serial in a minute and no probs -  installing it now.

h

7 hours ago, hbarton said:

FYI

I saw a update on another site that the owner Eric? said they were aware and sorry about the problems - they hoped to have things up and running today, but I guess they ran into more problems.

I hope they have not been attacked bu hackers and our data have been not compromised :(

JRR is great shop with great people and prices but they have few times every year such issues :(

Edited by Piotr

Watching reviews and intro videos I am beginning to find the idea of subscribing to Sphere appealing.

I have found MuseScore 2 useful recently for making rough scores for a session singer and found it really useful when writing lyrics but its a bit on the clunky side (it is free so I can't complain.) Having something better that Cakewalk's staff view integrated in the DAW, plus the full stand alone version of Notion available could be very useful. The other standout for me is the keyswitch lanes which look very useful.

I am not sure how much the collaboration tools will bring to the party, dropbox seems to be working well enough for me but 30GB of online storage sounds useful and they say it can be accessed by non-Sphere users using other DAWs.

I recently upgraded Melodyne and while watching the Groove 3 instruction video I noticed it should communicate with S1's chord track which could be handy.

Beyond that I was taken by the fact that some of the new features have been in Cakewalk for a while.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zo said:

so true at least i'm trying to not pay and get annoyed with mircosft account creation , face recognition and all that crap lol

I'm running Windows 10 on a local account (i.e. not a Microsoft Account), and I use a password rather than Windows Hello (face recognition, etc) - you don't have to use a password if you don't want to though. One good thing about Windows Hello is it can allow you to log in with a PIN (which might be simpler than a password).

On 7/8/2020 at 8:01 AM, James Foxall said:

I am able to run v4 and v5 on my machine so it appears that the upgrade does not replace the previous version.

I loaded a big project in v5 and it ran just fine. I need to dig because nothing obvious has changed...

They install side by side so no loss of DAW.

But back up copies of your v4 projects because once saved in v5, they cannot be used in v4 again.

8 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

Update:
I had to contact Presonus about it but upgrade from the X-Change bundle that came with both 2.0 and 4.0 worked. I now have 5.0 :) Fantastic service there.

I still haven't received my X-Change bundle. I bought it for the G3 pass. If I actually get it and it works for to get 5.0 that will be awesome. Still not holding my breath, I ordered it on 6/29.

Rocky

14 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I still haven't received my X-Change bundle. I bought it for the G3 pass. If I actually get it and it works for to get 5.0 that will be awesome. Still not holding my breath, I ordered it on 6/29.

Rocky

This is not the standard boxed bundle deal. The box itself (I ordered another one of those as well and is sitting in backorder) only has a key for 2.0. Back in Feb, they ran a special that came with X-Change, a midi controller and a code for Studio One 4 which I held on to since I already had 4. I was originally thinking I might sell the codes for S1 but glad I held them now.