Presonus is up to something

Sander Verstraten

30 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Good news guys! I've had it 10 minutes and I've already written a Grammy nominated song!

All my songs are pre-Grammy nominated.

Or as one local artist likes to say "Grammy Considered".

Edited by Bapu
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bapu said:

What a fuster cluck. My Pro 5 is registered. Installed. Got the Activation window. Selected Activate my purchased version of Studio One. Entered Pro 5 Code and the entered Pro 4 code. Clicked Activate. Signed in successfully. Then got an Error saying the Activation needs to happen on MyPresonus.com.

I don't friggin' see any activation on MyPresonus.com under my Pro 5 Product listing. Am I blind?

Sorted.

• Like 1

Oops!  JRRshop appears to be off-line at this critical point in my purchase of the Studio ONE 5 upgrade!  I tried a couple of different browsers, and I get the same error when approaching their home page.  Suspense city this one might be.  I will check back in tomorrow!

48 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Nothing new. The VU meter (which should really just be part of the program) and Softube Saturation Knob.

Sat was free previously (albeit a separate install then).

7 hours ago, ensconced said:

Zo, are you on Windows 10, I thought I recalled you were on 7 or 8, I just read on the forums that 7/8/8.1 aren't supported, posted by our old mate CakeAlex

Windows 8.1 here , not supported but is it working ?  If not , gas will selfdestruct lol .

@Zo Not sure but this was posted by a Win7 user

file.php?id=13905&t=1

and another dude posted this

No Windows 8 support?? Installer quits without even trying. That is not the way to handle OS support Presonus!!

Windows 8 is basically 10 without a few bells and whistles, and I've proven that over and over with other DAWs, plugins, VIs and applications. (Upgrading to 10 failed during first boot, so I have to troubleshoot that - more time than I have for a quick upgrade to S1 v5).

Come on Presonus....at least let the installer run, even if you state you won't support Win 8 - every other application in the world does. Just checking the OS version and exiting the installer with no attempt to install isn't customer-friendly.

I understand the lack of Win7 support, but I can almost guarantee you S1 v5 will run on Win 8. ProTools 2020 does, and it is by far the pickiest DAW on the market. Every recent version of Cubase, DP and Nuendo do as well. In fact I've never found an application that didn't work as well or better on Win 8 that required Windows 10.

Edited by ensconced

That pop up means the installer is checking OS prior to executing, so it won't install at all if not Win10 (without a hack). I wouldn't deal with the trouble if not on Win10. Not supported makes sense, but not installable is not very common.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if you buy one of their Audio interfaces such as the 24c whether you'd get Artist 4 or Artist 5 please ?

And am I right in thinking Artist 5 now has built in VST support ?

Many thanks