Presonus is up to something

Sander Verstraten

5 minutes ago, Zo said:

149 $ for S1 4 pro users ?  really ?  studio one full can be that price when on BF sale ...they're just pushing sub or what ?

That is their standard Pro update price. But I agree it is pretty steep.

I think I'll wait for Black Friday, or even on the 5.5 version.

Looks nice.  Will upgrade when it hits 50% off.  Otherwise fine with S1 4 Pro and Suite 10 for now. Buying a Push 2 has made me finally start to take a deep dive into Ableton. I still plan on using both platforms, however.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
typo

Just now, TerraSin said:

I bought that X-Change bundle deal that came with Studio One 2 with the 4.5 upgrade. I wonder if that would qualify me for 5?

That bundle license keeps you at Studio One 2.  I upgraded (paid) to 4.5 from that license, so I know.

1 minute ago, Anxiousmofo said:

That bundle license keeps you at Studio One 2.  I upgraded (paid) to 4.5 from that license, so I know.

The bundle came with an upgrade code to 4.5 so it would be like I bought the upgrade to 4.5 which should be part of a grace period.

Just now, TerraSin said:

The bundle came with an upgrade code to 4.5 so it would be like I bought the upgrade to 4.5 which should be part of a grace period.

Can't hurt to try.  I'm guessing you paid full price on it rather than the cheap discount version I got. 

Just now, Dzilizzi said:

Can't hurt to try.  I'm guessing you paid full price on it rather than the cheap discount version I got. 

I tried using the same Xchange bundle license as you.  It registers as 2; no grace upgrade.  Sorry to bear bad news.

Edited by Anxiousmofo

2 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

The whole bundle came with the regular boxed products, code to 4.5 and a midi keyboard controller for $127

Edited by TerraSin

1 hour ago, Dave Maffris said:

maybe if I do a year subscription (litle more than the upgrade would cost

Bear in mind... SO upgrades are every two years (the .5's are free), so the "Sphere" offering is more than double the cost of an upgrade (even at full price) - roughly $330 versus $150 for those "two years." Because v4 went 26 months, the JRR buy (then) is roughly $5 a month (one third the subscription).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TerraSin said:

The whole bundle came with the code to 4.5 and a midi keyboard controller for $127

I just got the bundle - and I bought it for the Groove3 pass.  If you got an upgrade code, I would try it.  Potentially, you still have to pay for the upgrade to 5, but you never know.  I don't know if Presonus has grace periods.

1 minute ago, Dzilizzi said:

I just got the bundle - and I bought it for the Groove3 pass.  If you got an upgrade code, I would try it.  Potentially, you still have to pay for the upgrade to 5, but you never know.  I don't know if Presonus has grace periods.

I'll give it a go later on. I know a lot of people will be pissed if there is no grace period since they just had a sale.

3 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

I'll give it a go later on. I know a lot of people will be pissed if there is no grace period since they just had a sale.

Sometimes the stuff bought on sale doesn't get the grace period.  But they won't know if you didn't buy directly from them. 

39 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

The Notation stuff is nice, but for what I do nothing else really excites me. Can easily wait for the Black Friday  upgrade sale for it (and Melodyne 5).

I think you might already qualify for the Melodyne upgrade. Log in to Celemony and check your account. My v5 was waiting last week when I checked.  Not sure if it was from Presonus or Izotope though.  Worth checking!

Edited by mibby

I have been faffing about wondering if I should update Cubase fro 9.5 to 10.5 on the current deal (or possibly 11 if delaying the activation works the way people say it does).  I tried Studio One at the time of the Gibson debacle but did not care for it, particularly the MIDI functions (I use MIDI the most). I am sure its come on leaps and bounds since then.

I seldom use Cubase and much of it remains a mystery and I have kept using Cakewalk  almost exclusively but I have the feeling I should learn another DAW in case there is a Bandlab debacle in the future, now I am wondering if I should look at Studio One again before deciding on a Cubase upgrade.

17 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Bear in mind... SO upgrades are every two years (the .5's are free), so the "Sphere" offering is more than double the cost of an upgrade (even at full price) - roughly $330 versus $150 for those "two years." Because v4 went 26 months, the JRR buy (then) is roughly $5 a month (one third the subscription).

True enough. Never been a fan of subscription software services, anyway. Unless the other add-ons have any value, and I'm not at all sure...it's only a psychological ploy to myself to get me to deep dive into SO, rather than having paid good $$ for it to sit on the shelf, so to speak. Oh, well, there's no rush for me on this...