Presonus is up to something

Sander Verstraten

2 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

Faderport 32 with better scribble strips would get my money.

If that were true and I didn't already have my FP16, I'd bite too.

Edited by Bapu

On the one hand, I'm really excited about the new version of S1. VI-Control has rumours of MPE, all native plugins updated, new time stretch algorithm, tape, keyswitches, integrated note editor, better support for hardware, new scene and live recording features,  clip gain edit and new SQ controller.

On the other, I'm still really annoyed with Presonus for charging immediate upgraders full price, then halving the price for later upgraders who also got a free console shaper, CTC-1, that was never offered to its most loyal customers who paid double. If I buy it, it will cost me $79.99 or best $39.99 in a sale.

Just now, locrian said:

The ATOM SQ MIDI Controller.

That doesn't look like the kind of thing they would have taken years to develop. Stranger things have happened I guess. The ATOM doesn't look very useful to me for  composition work. There must be a huge market for DJ and looper/mixers out there. It strangely feels like many DAW makers are focusing on it so much they are letting the rest of us go. Yes, It's a midi controller and I guess that means I can use it to control functions in SO. I like the faderport idea better so far but am willing to be convinced.