Presonus is up to something

Sander Verstraten

15 minutes ago, ensconced said:

Me to, (even though I'm only likely to get a few months use out of it)

As to the price, I'll bet on $149.99

I'm thinking the same.  It was $149 for the Version 4 upgrade.  I found a receipt for V4 at 50% off, but that was during a Black Friday sale.  Kind of a long wait!

5 minutes ago, Tom B said:

I'm thinking the same.  It was $149 for the Version 4 upgrade.  I found a receipt for V4 at 50% off, but that was during a Black Friday sale.  Kind of a long wait!

Yeah, I definitely can't wait that long, I'll fire on release day regardless of the pricing.

Edited by ensconced

Just got this in an email from Presonus.

"We've spent years working on these two products, and they may very well re-invent your production workflow."

So if one is Studio One Pro V5, WTH is the other one? A new digital mixer to replace FP16?

20 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Just got this in an email from Presonus.

"We've spent years working on these two products, and they may very well re-invent your production workflow."

So if one is Studio One Pro V5, WTH is the other one? A new digital mixer to replace FP16?

Maybe Notion 7?

• Great Idea 1

58 minutes ago, Bapu said:

So if one is Studio One Pro V5, WTH is the other one?

Beer goggles or a bag to put over the screen while you're using it.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, antler said:

Maybe Notion 7?

Just now, Bapu said:

Now that would make perfect sense given the "full circle" theme. A fully integrated Notion 7 into Studio One Pro 5.

That would probably be a leg up on CbB's long in the tooth staff view?

Although meaningless for me since I rarely used Notion 6 and have never used CbB's staff view. 

42 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

They state that they come full circle. So what did they start with? What are their origins?

The “full circle” phrase is interesting. I’ve been with S1 since Version 1. While it had a lot fewer features back then, it was probably the most intuitive program (audio or not) that I had ever used. As it has acquired more features , it has (perhaps inevitably) lost some of that intuitiveness. A drastically new GUI on the way? A new more intuitive way of approaching the entire process? I guess we’ll see.

23 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Now that would make perfect sense given the "full circle" theme. A fully integrated Notion 7 into Studio One Pro 5.

Personally, I think Notion is miles behind Studio One. I use it and maybe it's because I mostly use tab, but I don't find it very good.

I would 100% embrace any improvement to Notion but it would be like adding a rubber dingy to a cruise liner to add it, as is, into Studio One.

I'm kinda wondering about a midi keyboard controller. That would probably be VERY tempting to me.