Problem with VSampler

Hello CbB users:

To cut to the chase: I can't get my fully registered Vsampler (by Speedsoft) to run properly in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

In the past it has always run well, and I think (but I'm not sure) that the problem has nothing to do with Cakewalk but with the Vsampler's site having disappeared from the Web. My questions are these:

1. Does anyone else own a copy of Vsampler who has found a fix for this?

2. If not, can anyone recommend a fully functioning soundfont player. The free ones I've tried don't come close to doing what Vsampler did. Vsampler has a full suite of tools that allows one to create, tune, and shape soundfonts and to play them without additional synth additives. I need this because many, many of my old projects used Soundfonts and I am unable to edit those projects or remix them without either Vsamp or a viable substitute.

Kind regards,

Cam

My music -- www.soundclick.com/camsevensong

Edited by W. Cameron Bastedo

9 hours ago, W. Cameron Bastedo said:

1. Does anyone else own a copy of Vsampler who has found a fix for this?

2. If not, can anyone recommend a fully functioning soundfont player. The free ones I've tried don't come close to doing what Vsampler did. Vsampler has a full suite of tools that allows one to create, tune, and shape soundfonts and to play them without additional synth additives. I need this because many, many of my old projects used Soundfonts and I am unable to edit those projects or remix them without either Vsamp or a viable substitute.

Last October (2019) I tried to run VSampler but couldn't do anything more than run it in demo mode.  I wrote a brief summary of my experiences here. More importantly, that thread discusses various options for using Soundfonts.  The thread starts here.

Edited by User 905133