Save 40% on Cubase updates and upgrades

ZincT

25 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Thanks, I think I understand now, I said a "new" license was required, you said a "separate" license is not required. With the payment for the upgrade, I will get a new license for 10.5 and that will be backwards compatible with 10 or my current license gets upgraded to incorporate 10.5 maybe still not sure, never mind.

I just learned that I can install 10.5 together with 10 and then uninstall 10 afterwards, which means I only need to download the 1.6 gig file, transfer it to DAW install it, see how 10.5 runs and then uninstall 10 later.

All of the above is correct.

I have two licenses, a Pro on a dongle, and an Elements on the "Soft E Licenser."   I never really have any issues upgrading my Pro on the dongle, but I always have a devil of a time with "soft E Licenser."  It is very confusing, and I do computers for a living.  It really shouldn't be that difficult.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

A little tip...if you buy the update but don't activate you get the latest version for free when you do activate! I bought the 10.5 update last month but am holding on to it till this fall to get 11 for free :)

Bill

I'm hoping that version 11 will finally deliver the much needed (and requested) bug fixes, stability and productivity improvements.

Matthias Quellmann seems to have hinted that may be the case in this post:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=189447&p=1011022&hilit=boring#p1011022

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

$36 to go from 10 to 10.5 for Pro.   I guess that's worth it!

I did it just the other day - have not had the time to delve in to all the new features but to me it is almost worth it just for the new Plug-In report button on the VST Plug-in Manager - very nice!

Version:                  10.5.20
Build:                    179
Build Date:               May  5 2020

OS Version:               Windows 10.0.18363
Date/Time:                Fri Jul  3 10:15:59 2020

Total Plug-ins:           799
Effect Plug-ins:          755
Instrument Plug-ins:      44
VST3 Plug-ins:            678
VST2 Plug-ins:            120
Other Plug-ins:           1
Blacklisted Plug-ins:     15
Reactivated Plug-ins:     0

On 7/2/2020 at 3:15 PM, locrian said:

I'm hoping that version 11 will finally deliver the much needed (and requested) bug fixes, stability and productivity improvements.

Matthias Quellmann seems to have hinted that may be the case in this post:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=189447&p=1011022&hilit=boring#p1011022

LOL! I hear this every update.  Not sure it is possible.  Cubase is built on old technology.  They would probably restart from the ground up if they really wanted to fix everything - or so I've heard from a number of people.  Same for ProTools.  That's why everyone was hoping Studio One would work out better, since it was like a redo of Cubase (started by old Cubase programmers.) 

And?  10 has been pretty stable for me. 

Cubase are still clearly focusing on existing customers. This isn't a bad thing.  I keep hoping maybe they will look outside of the box and realize a deal for new customers every now and then can't hurt. I would be more tempted to try the DAW if they did.

1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I'll check first what Studio One 5 bringt to the table before adding another DAW to my arsenal. 

If it's the same strategy as the Samplitude X3->X4->X5, i.e., major version update without any significant changes/features, I'll stick to what I have and invest my money into something else. Hope it's not just a facelift.

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I wonder what you can do with Cubase, that you can't with CbB? Been toying with the idea to get Cubase Pro or at least upgrade to the latest Elements.

It depends on what you want to do.  I use the chord track a lot.  There are a lot of midi things like expression maps and chord structures, a lot of which is more useful if you do orchestration.  It also can handle a large number of tracks.  I mean, I heard of someone who had a template with close to 1,000 tracks. 

I don't really used CbB, but I've used Sonar for years.  I understand the current version is an upgrade from Platinum without the added content?  It does most things fine as long as you don't try to do huge track counts.  You get a lot of additional content with Cubase.  And, Cubase is a bit of a pain coming from another DAW.  Setting it up is complicated at times.  Everything is VST, even the audio.  You have to enable tracks before it will accept midi - as in if you just open the editor and draw in midi, it won't play.  Recording it in does enable it, otherwise you have to highlight the whole track - or what I do is set the flags at top to farther apart than my planned piece - in order to hear the midi.  Those are the main things that bother me coming from Sonar. 

I think you can get a trial to see if you like it.  Otherwise, I found Studio One to be a much easier to use DAW coming from Sonar and ProTools.  

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:59 AM, lawajava said:

$36 to go from 10 to 10.5 for Pro.   I guess that's worth it!

Or as previously suggested once you buy it don't activate; use it to upgrade to 11 when it comes out.
So you'll go from 10 to 11 for $36

From what I can see, they update Cubase to a new release every year, so that means about November or December, Cubase 11 will be out which means if you want to buy the update now and use it to upgrade to 11 by delaying activation, you will be waiting 5 to 6 months.