Dry Signal Along With Distorted Signal

OK, so I'm trying to record some guitar using an Apollo Twin USB into Cakewalk and using an amp plugin. I'm getting dry guitar sound along with my distorted signal. How do I make that stop? Note: I'm not really that great with technology. I'm just a guitarist and bass player trying to record a guitar track. If anyone can tell me exactly what do to that would be awesome. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, 

The answer is in the Apollo Twin's console application, pull down the fader in the mixer itself. However, that raises some additional questions. Do you want to record the distorted sound, or record the dry sound, and play it back through distortion?

I use the Apollo Twin USB in my Studio B so I can probably be of help.

As to being great with technology...if you can play a barre F without buzzes, you can handle the technology :) There is a bit of a learning curve but once you scale it, the answers become obvious.

I get this as well with my focusrite interface and craig is correct, its in the software for your soundcard. You are hearing a blend of DI/Amp sim. 

I typically change mine to DAW control in Focusrite software settings. Though oddly enough, i have to do this at the beginning of each session because of a bug in Focusrite's mix control software that wont save presets.

6 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

Though oddly enough, i have to do this at the beginning of each session because of a bug in Focusrite's mix control software that wont save presets.

Which interface and Focusrite Control software are you using? I’m currently using 18 i20 (2nd gen) (Firmware 1653) with the Focusrite Control version 3.6.0.1822.  I’m able to save and recall presets via the Save Snapshot and Load Snapshot. Just curious.

18 hours ago, Blogospherianman said:

Which interface and Focusrite Control software are you using? I’m currently using 18 i20 (2nd gen) (Firmware 1653) with the Focusrite Control version 3.6.0.1822.  I’m able to save and recall presets via the Save Snapshot and Load Snapshot. Just curious.

Its not really related as much to loading snap shots or saving snapshots.. its more about once the unit is powered down, the snapshot is no longer stored in memory.

you have to load it each time you open a new session/power on the unit).