Nimbus upgrade from Phoenixverb or Excalibur

Just got the Nimbus and.....HOLY MOTHER OF PRESETS! I was surprised lol. Also AMAZING reverb! Just from the default preset alone it sounded so natural. It also gave my noisy midi sample a better sound! I got the $9 Excalibur deal when it was on so this is an awesome deal to add! All together $38 for both plugins. A STEAL LOL!

• Like 3

I use Nimbus almost exclusively -- it's in every single one of my projects. I do orchestral stuff only, and Nimbus has a clear transparency and sense of natural space that is better than any other reverb I own. It's an awesome plugin. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Thanks all.  I thought with several hundred reverbs I had enough.  Maybe at this price one more.  Breaks my motto of "I will never, ever, ever buy another compressor!  Or reverb or EQ..."

haha! This is my first reverb purchase and I don't think I will ever need to buy another one. 😛

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

It says "upgrade".

Those that did this deal, did you keep ilok seats for both Phoenix and Excalibur in addition to the Nimbus seat addition?

I had Excalibur in iLok already, so all I did was add Nimbus then install the plugin and it worked fine. I do not have PhoenixVerb

Edited by Hillmy

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

It says "upgrade".

Those that did this deal, did you keep ilok seats for both Phoenix and Excalibur in addition to the Nimbus seat addition?

Yeah, if you do let us know if you keep the licenses for both.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:28 AM, mibby said:

It's so cute when they're this naive...  

Oh no, I just got another reverb when I thought I would't have to anymore! 😣 But at least this next one free 🤪

• Like 1

Thanks for the FYI. I never bought Nimbus because I thought it was priced a little on the high side.

I have the other two, so maybe this is a great time to jump on this. As I understand it Phoenix is very similar to Nimbus only not as feature rich.

I'm going to echo *ahem* what Amicus 717 said. Phoenix works great for orchestral material....so I guess Nimbus is even better at it.

The whole concept spaces me out *ducks and runs*

2 hours ago, Starise said:

Phoenix works great for orchestral material....so I guess Nimbus is even better at it.

I've read somewhere that R4 is the best EA reverb for orchestral material, you may try and give it a go.