Cakewalk vst scan scanning too much

Clay

Question

Everytime i start up cakewalk, it starts scanning all of these random files that i have no idea about and it takes forever to finish. Its super annoying and I dont think I have the wrong scan paths set. It also keeps on scanning when I close the program because my mouse is still flashing and has a loading circle beside it. It seems like it won't go away

Edited by Clay

6 answers to this question

Please give us a screen shot of your scan settings, or write out all the folders. It is probably set to scan your entire hard drive or drives.

Also, the 2nd item in the dialog is Scan Options. It is probably on Scan at Startup. If set to Automatic then it keeps an eye on the folders and if anything changes it scans.

Another point is that there must never be anything except VSTs in the folders that you scan.

This is what my scan paths looks like.

2077890618_VSTScanPaths.jpg.4c5394d2ef5d3a54153595b8821b534c.jpg

Edited by Nigel Mackay

7 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Please give us a screen shot of your scan settings, or write out all the folders. It is probably set to scan your entire hard drive or drives.

Also, the 2nd item in the dialog is Scan Options. It is probably on Scan at Startup. If set to Automatic then it keeps an eye on the folders and if anything changes it scans.

Another point is that there must never be anything except VSTs in the folders that you scan.

This is what my scan paths looks like.

2077890618_VSTScanPaths.jpg.4c5394d2ef5d3a54153595b8821b534c.jpg

Interesting in what you say about Scan at Start Up or Automatic scanning. I just checked mine as it always scans on startup but it is set to Automatic? Not really an issue as it only takes a minute or so - perhaps the scan it is doing is the automatic one just checking nothing has changed?

@JoeGBradford From the documentation: Automatic Background Scan. Cakewalk automatically scans the folders in the VST Scan Paths list in the background by periodically detecting when data in the folders have been updated, or the scan paths have changed.

Probably just having a quick look if any new files or removed files, rather than actually opening and reading each file.

• Thanks 1