Reason Rack Plugin FREE!!! @ Pluginboutigue

Lemar Sain

Also happy (and a little surprised) to report that it installed on 3 machines that I own.  

Based on other Reason products (with the dongle) I wasn't sure if they were going to allow it.

Not really much in the package that you can't get  for  free that sounds as good or better though with other plugin makers.  (IMO)

But it is nice to have these within Bandlab, and I just uninstalled my old version of Reason that I installed with the intention of rewiring it, but never felt it was worth it.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

Oh, forgot to mention, in my list o'cheap and cheerfuls, Initial Audio Reverse is a nice does-what-it-says-on-the-tin plug-in.

Yes, we all know how to do what it does without the help of a plug-in, and yes, I rebelled against dropping a dime for it because of that, but in the end, it's a great timesaver and encourages me to use a cool effect that I might otherwise blow off as being too much hassle. You tell it how often you want it to reverse, from 1/8 measure up to 4 measures and it does it. $10

They also make another plug-in, SolwMo, that half-speeds your audio, also $10.

• Great Idea 1

Is getting Reason Intro worth it as a vst upgrade from Lite? I plan to use it mostly as a VST in Cakewalk. for $125 CAD is it really worth the price? Does it come with more stuff to justify the price? Or is it just few stuff here and there compared to Lite.

11 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

Является ли получение Reason Intro того стоит, как обновление vst от Lite? Я планирую использовать его в основном как VST в Cakewalk. за $ 125 CAD это действительно стоит такой цены? Он поставляется с большим количеством вещей, чтобы оправдать цену? Или это просто немного вещей здесь и там по сравнению с Lite.

Here is a comparison:: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/comparison

There are a few drawbacks.

1. Upgrading from Intro to full versions costs the same as upgrading from Lite: $ 299 ($ 199 for sales)
2. You will not be able to use many refill if they contain missing devices.
3. There was a sale of 11 Intro for $ 49 half a year ago. But I returned the purchase because I did not use VST, and Lite had the same set of devices. Then I found at the market 10 Full for $ 100, and was happy.

Edited by dasmode
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

Is getting Reason Intro worth it as a vst upgrade from Lite? I plan to use it mostly as a VST in Cakewalk. for $125 CAD is it really worth the price? Does it come with more stuff to justify the price? Or is it just few stuff here and there compared to Lite.

Reason had a sale not too long ago where you could get Standard upgrade from Lite for slightly more than Intro which was not on sale. I would wait for the sale to come again. I am sure it will. Reason are out to build market share again.

• Like 1

I ended up going with the Funky Cat library for Strum.   I don't love it but it might have some potential and it was on sale and I probably would have bought it anyway.

That aside, I was playing with the rack recently.  I think the biggest use I will get out of it is the MIDI Out device.

19 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i think i will end up getting one of the AAS things that are on sale. i like the warm analogue sound of them.

Good idea! I decided to grab another sound pack for Chromaphone for $19. Was planning to do that anyway. Thanks for reminding me that the sale was still on!

Will take a look at the Reason Rack plugin for free.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 3:58 AM, Starship Krupa said:

I have been chinscratching the past few days about Sonivox Vocalizer Pro for $10 and this seems like a good excuse to just get it. The thing is I want an actual real vocoder, and I have read at least one review that said that it wasn't one, that it was a really cool vocal processor that could get vocoder-ish sounds.

Also, Sonivox are kind of....ugh. I've downloaded the trial for it, and for this hugely complex processor, what's missing? A manual. So far I can't find any documentation for it. It looks pretty powerful but what good is it if it just sits there like an alien artifact? The point in paying for a commercial vocoder is to get something I don't have to be a wizard to figure out.

iZotope VocalSynth 2 is 75% off for $49 at PluginBoutique. https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/54-Vocal-Processing/4413-VocalSynth-2

Of course Waves Morphoder is on sale for $29.99 but not at PB. https://www.waves.com/plugins/morphoder

And the TAL Vocoder is still a free download. https://tal-software.com/products/tal-vocoder

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, abacab said:

iZotope VocalSynth 2 is 75% off for $49 at PluginBoutique. https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/54-Vocal-Processing/4413-VocalSynth-2

Of course Waves Morphoder is on sale for $29.99 but not at PB. https://www.waves.com/plugins/morphoder

I think for this project I'm just going to go with TAL Vocoder II and use its internal oscillator. If you do that, it becomes dead simple, you just insert the TAL Vocoder as an effect on the track you want to use as the modulator (traditionally the voice) and route a MIDI track to the TAL Vocoder. Whatever you play or program on the MIDI track is whatever MIDI note the Vocoder's oscillator will play.

I had been trying to feed it both the carrier and the modulator as external signals, and I would still like to get that to work fully at some point, but the internal VCO is versatile enough and also allows me to feed it a stereo input as a carrier. It gets a much better "vocoder" sound than any of the presets in the AIR Vocalizer Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, whoo, bumpity-doo, I finally found something cheap that I didn't already have a license for:

W.A. Productions come through again, this time with Imprint, a 3-band Transient Shaper for $5:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/36-Transient-Shaper/5450-Imprint

I haven't had much time to mess with it, but it has an attractive GUI, kind of similar to SoundSpot Axis multiband compressor. The bands are adjustable, making it the most flexible transient shaper in my collection except for LVC's Transector.

Reason Lite? I couldn't even figure out how to get sound to come out of the standalone version, I had to load it as a track effect on an audio track in CbB before I could be suitably impressed by the "2005 called and wants its freeware back" sounds of the subtractive synth, ROMPler, and multieffect unit. If the idea of this promo is to draw users in with how amazing Reason is....well, shoot, I really wanted to like it. Maybe it just totally has the best workflow for making beats, but since I couldn't figure out the workflow for making sound come out of it it's starting on the back foot with me. I won't give up just yet.

I had been intending to finally get a license for Trackspacer, but, uh, spaced on the expiration date for the $39 sale, so when I went to check out at Pluginboutique, it was back up to $59. By which time I had already fallen in love with it.

I shot on over to Wavesfactory's own website in the hope that their web developers might not yet have committed the changes, and yep, $39. Whew! But first my debit card was rejected when I know there's plenty in the account, then it said my PayPal payment couldn't be completed, but it also spit out a valid license for Trackspacer....haven't checked yet to see what went through and what did not. 🤪