Reason Rack Plugin FREE!!! @ Pluginboutigue

Lemar Sain

I have been chinscratching the past few days about Sonivox Vocalizer Pro for $10 and this seems like a good excuse to just get it. The thing is I want an actual real vocoder, and I have read at least one review that said that it wasn't one, that it was a really cool vocal processor that could get vocoder-ish sounds.

Also, Sonivox are kind of....ugh. I've downloaded the trial for it, and for this hugely complex processor, what's missing? A manual. So far I can't find any documentation for it. It looks pretty powerful but what good is it if it just sits there like an alien artifact? The point in paying for a commercial vocoder is to get something I don't have to be a wizard to figure out.

So far I put it on a vocal track and it sat there killing all output until I clicked on some piano keys on the UI. Can't figure out how to route MIDI to it. Not inclined to.

Too bad I already own every Soundspot plug-in I want.

BTW, for anyone looking for an under 10 euros/dollars plug-in in order to side load the Reason freebie, Soundspot Cyclone is a certified monster for bus use, especially when I put it in Mid-Side mode and start processing them a bit differently to mess with the stereo image. Try that and stand the fsck back, jack, 'cause it sounds huge and ear-tickly. Quite sexy UI, too. It has that Bioshock look like their Overtone EQ.

37 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I have been chinscratching the past few days about Sonivox Vocalizer Pro for $10 and this seems like a good excuse to just get it. The thing is I want an actual real vocoder, and I have read at least one review that said that it wasn't one, that it was a really cool vocal processor that could get vocoder-ish sounds.

Also, Sonivox are kind of....ugh. I've downloaded the trial for it, and for this hugely complex processor, what's missing? A manual. So far I can't find any documentation for it. It looks pretty powerful but what good is it if it just sits there like an alien artifact? The point in paying for a commercial vocoder is to get something I don't have to be a wizard to figure out.

So far I put it on a vocal track and it sat there killing all output until I clicked on some piano keys on the UI. Can't figure out how to route MIDI to it. Not inclined to.

I wanted a Vocoder for a project a while back and got Vocalizer Pro cheaply but quickly gave up on it (I found Waves Morphoder much better or more recently Ovox).

It can be quite flakey e.g. when I try to load a chord pad it bombs out. FWIW there's this user guide or there's this Groove3 video made by Eli Krantzberg https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Vocalizer-Pro-Explained   

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Please keep posting what you're going to buy to get this... 😃

My personal suggestions from the current crop of deals, for anyone who doesn't already have them:

Hybrid 3 for five bucks is obviously the standout deal.

Vacuum Pro  turned out to be a sleeper, I think I got it in order to also get a license for Ozone Elements or something, but I use it second only to my AAS packs. The vacuum tube oscillator thing might seem gimmicky, but it just sounds really phat, good basses and synthwavey things. When I get stuck for a  synth bass, it's there. $10

Xpand!2 for $15 is all you need for working out arrangements before loading up your "real" sounds, and I've used its sounds in final mixes. When I hear the sound in my head and need to get it down fast without getting distracted looking for the perfect patch, this is it.

W.A. Productions' Sphere Series Bundle Crossgrade is a heckuva deal at $9.90 for 3 plug-ins. The Sphere Compressor was a PB freebie a while back. An adequate compressor, IMO, versatile. Achilles heel is non-scalable UI. However, if you snagged it when it was a freebie, you qualify for the upgrade to the bundle, and the Sphere Delay and Sphere Quad are off the dang hook if you're into EDM production or psychedelic sound warping. I'm not sure how much verification goes into whether you already own one of the plug-ins. I did, but at no time did they check for verification of that. Might have been in my PB account. They do suffer from the same squinty unscalable UI syndrome, though.

I've been thinking about Glitchmachines' Convex, which is on sale for a tenner until tomorrow. How many glitchy plug-ins can I acquire before I figure out how to use Break Tweaker? It's $9.

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

I wanted a Vocoder for a project a while back and got Vocalizer Pro cheaply but quickly gave up on it (I found Waves Morphoder much better or more recently Ovox).

Agree on the Waves one. I also have the Mouth which is great for mangling your vocal tracks but haven't chance to play deeper with it yet, got it from KVR second hand.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ZincT said:

Yeah, that's a nice deal if you don't have Reason. 

I also have Intro and after a quick check the following are missing compared to Intro...

Instruments Missing vs Intro
Europa synth
Thor synth
Dr Octo Rex
Rytmik drum machine
NN-XT sampler
NN19

Effects missing vs Intro
Softube Amp
Audiomatic Reto Transformer
Softube Bass amp

Also some missing Utilities and Players.

interested in this as i quite like the sound on R10 synths. But unfortunate that most of the good ones are not in this lite VST pkg.

This update Reason Lite 11 version 11.3.1, which comes for free with the M-Audio controllers.

Rack-plugin was added in update 11.3.1, but many built-in devices were removed. The previous version 11.2.1 had the same set of devices in standalone as Intro.

But you have a choice. You can use either version 11.2.1 as DAW (as Intro) or version 11.3.1 as rack-plugin. The serial number is suitable for all versions of the Lite 11.x.x line. You can download version 11.3.1 in your Reason Studios account, but there are direct links to the previous version 11.2.1:

http://cdn.propellerheads.se/ReasonLite11/1121/ReasonLite_1121_d5-Stable_186_59.dmg
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/ReasonLite11/1121/ReasonLite_1121_d5-Stable_186_59.zip
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/torrents/ReasonLite_1121_d5-Stable_186_59.dmg.torrent
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/torrents/ReasonLite_1121_d5-Stable_186_59.zip.torrent

This is the visual difference between versions 11.2.1 and 11.3.1:

11.2.1 - 11.3.1.png

Edited by dasmode
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dasmode said:

This update Reason Lite 11 version 11.3.1, which comes for free with the M-Audio controllers.

Rack-plugin was added in update 11.3.1, but many built-in devices were removed. The previous version 11.2.1 had the same set of devices in standalone as Intro.

But you have a choice. You can use either version 11.2.1 as DAW (as Intro) or version 11.3.1 as rack-plugin. The serial number is suitable for all versions of the Lite 11.x.x line. You can download version 11.3.1 in your Reason Studios account, but there are direct links to the previous version 11.2.1

I don't get it. Does 11.3.1 come only as a VST plugin? Can't you have both of them alongside, 11.2.1 as a DAW (as Intro like you said) and 11.2.1 only as a VST3 plugin?

I have Intro 10 installed but I see 11.2.1 ready to download in my Reason account. I thought it already has the VST plugin built-in.

8 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I don't get it. Does 11.3.1 come only as a VST plugin? Can't you have both of them alongside, 11.2.1 as a DAW (as Intro like you said) and 11.2.1 only as a VST3 plugin?

I have Intro 10 installed but I see 11.2.1 ready to download in my Reason account. I thought it already has the VST plugin built-in.

Version 11.2.1 has many built-in devices, can work as a DAW, but cannot work as a VST plugin.
Version 11.3.1 has very few built-in devices and can work as a DAW and as a VST plugin.

If you install version 11.3.1, and then 11.2.1, then you will still have version 11.3.1. But there is an option:

1) install 11.3.1.
2) delete the Reason Lite 11 program folder (c: \ Program Files \ Propellerhead \ Reason Lite 11 \).
3) install 11.2.1.

Edited by dasmode
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dasmode said:

Version 11.2.1 has many built-in devices, can work as a DAW, but cannot work as a VST plugin.
Version 11.3.1 has very few built-in devices and can work as a DAW and as a VST plugin.

There you go, what are they thinking!!

2 minutes ago, dasmode said:

If you install version 11.3.1, and then 11.2.1, then you will still have version 11.3.1. But there is an option:

1) install 11.3.1.
2) deleted the Reason Lite 11 program folder (c: \ Program Files \ Propellerhead \ Reason Lite 11 \).
3) installed 11.2.1.

Brilliant! Thanks a lot :) 

10 minutes ago, Sergio said:

As I'm a sucker for modulation effects I'll get WA Production new Orchid chorus for $7.90 to get this Reason freebie.

that's what I got - but it's a bit of CPU hog - and has a lot of latency so can't use it live.....oh well

11 minutes ago, dasmode said:

There is no update from 10 to 11 Lite.

The update happened automatically in my account. I guess I will have to go through the 600+ pages of manual of both versions and compare the content.

Just now, chris.r said:

The update happened automatically in my account. I guess I will have to go through the 600+ pages of manual of both versions and compare the content.

Are you talking about the difference between 11.3.1 and 11.2.1? At the top there is a picture.

5 minutes ago, dasmode said:

Are you talking about the difference between 11.3.1 and 11.2.1? At the top there is a picture.

No, I was talking the difference between 11.2.1 and previous Lite v10, they seem very close.