Reason Rack Plugin FREE!!! @ Pluginboutigue

Lemar Sain

31 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:
39 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

can you use rack extensions with this? there's a bunch of free ones.

Yep!

" Full support for Rack Extensions "

Please post some links to some interesting rack extensions.

47 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Thanks for that but I think what I had in mind was some free reason refills rather than rack extensions. Are there any good free refills out there?

35 minutes ago, chris.r said:

free reason refills

What is this? Different patches for the "rack"? Obviously I've never dipped my toe into the Reason pool before...  Was always too proprietary for me.

43 minutes ago, mibby said:

What is this? Different patches for the "rack"? Obviously I've never dipped my toe into the Reason pool before...  Was always too proprietary for me.

most likely samples and loops packed into reason's proprietary refill file, maybe synth presets... don't know what else it could be

I own Reason 10 Suite but don't plan to upgrade until at least version 12 because of the cost. 

Does anyone know if the free version on offer can be installed alongside an older version of Reason? Or would I have to surrender/uninstall the version 10 suite in order to install this cut-down version 11 rack?

17 minutes ago, myfragileego said:

I own Reason 10 Suite but don't plan to upgrade until at least version 12 because of the cost. 

Does anyone know if the free version on offer can be installed alongside an older version of Reason? Or would I have to surrender/uninstall the version 10 suite in order to install this cut-down version 11 rack?

The Rack is here is a plugin.

Does Reason 10 come with a VST plugin option?  

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

The Rack is here is a plugin.

Does Reason 10 come with a VST plugin option?

No, the VST option came for the first time in version 11, and that's the motivation for me to install this 🙂

1 minute ago, myfragileego said:

No, the VST option came for the first time in version 11, and that's the motivation for me to install this 🙂

Yeah, that is what I thought to.  I can't imagine there would be an issue based on this fact.  But don't know, my version of reason is older than that and I never use it.

2 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, that is what I thought to. I can't imagine there would be an issue based on this fact. But don't know, my version of reason is older than that and I never use it.

I don't use it anymore either, biggest issues being the dated and unscalable UIs, and the layout limitations of trying to show everything at once that makes it all look cramped on a 34 inch ultrawide monitor. I don't know if those are addressed in version 11 (I don't recall seeing mention of it) but the VST version of Europa they offered with version 10 had a scalable UI. 

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Thanks. "Not available for this account" it says, I have only Reason Lite :/

Well, I am more interested in the VST than the DAW anyway. Still using Cakewalk as my main DAW (without those stupid Reason restrictions 😛 ). So the DAW from Reason is just a bonus. As long as I can add rack extensions to use with the VST (free and paid). Then it is definitely worth the price of FREE! ha 😛

• Like 1

I just had my first "Full Kontakt required" moment....it was bound to happen sooner or later 😛

After I downloaded a free rack extension I tried to use one of the presets and then an error came up "The Combinator patch "basic drums.cmb" cannot be loaded because it contains devices that are not available in this version of the program." then it removed the device. This happened with a lot of presets in this extension. Sometimes entire categories. Only few I have tried that actually work. So I uninstalled the extension out of frustration 😡

But at least the second extension I tried kiloHearts free EQ worked just fine. Although I already have that as a separate VST, I wanted to test to see if it would restrict an obvious free software but it didn't. 

It is still a cool VST based on the stock stuff. So besides the restrictions, it seems to be some kind of "Free" version of a paid version like Kontakt but without the annoying freemium/demo sections.....at least that I know of so far.

PB giving this out for free with purchases gave me very high expectations. But it just ended up being like a "...oh cool, free vst" instead of "OMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS FREE!!!" 😞😛

3 hours ago, myfragileego said:

To answer my own question if anyone else is interested; Yes you can install it alongside an earlier version of Reason. 

Although there are not many instruments, its worth it for the Chord/Scales utility (found in Players) alone. I had really missed this being built into the DAW after making the switch to Reaper. 

Having seen enough of these "get you in the door" offers over the past couple of months... here come the upgrade offers haha. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm sure I'll grab this once I figure out something to buy.   But not exactly earth shattering stuff in the package.  The few VSTis in there are literally about 18 years old.

I believe the word you are looking for is "vintage".

However, it does come with a MIDI Out device.  You can create an instrument track with the Reason Rack where the MIDI Output device is loaded.  Once you have done that, you can set any number of other instrument tracks to use the Rack's midi output as an input.  This will allow you to play multiple synths simultaneously.

• Great Idea 1