$500 worth of IK plugins at Recording Revolution

jude77

12 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

have to go into those VST folders and remove the extras because the hissing sound on those demos with either damage your ears or your monitors.  I wish their installer would allow you to chose.

Yes, I don't want ALL of them listed in my plugins list when I just want to mix and use the ones I own.

57 minutes ago, mibby said:

... I also just figured out that if you look under My Products on the IK website, under the entry for "T-RackS CS Deluxe" there is a "Download  Resources" button.  When you click that, you can download the User Manual and they are also listed in there.  

Nevermind - this is ALL of the T-Racks 4 plugins, many more than the list that Peter supplied.

Edited by mibby

14 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I have to go into those VST folders and remove the extras because the hissing sound on those demos with either damage your ears or your monitors.  I wish their installer would allow you to chose.

While you have your demo period enabled via Custom Shop (and Custom Shop open in the background) there is no hissing.  When they are unauthorized and you do get hissing, the levels should be nowhere near damaging to ears or monitors - I've been using IK product for longer than I've been here (and that's almost 10 years here) and any time I've heard this, including recently with unauthorized TR5, it was not too loud.   If this is not the case for you like you state, I'm sure IK Support can figure out what's going on and if they can replicate they'd report it to the developers.

6 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

While you have your demo period enabled via Custom Shop (and Custom Shop open in the background) there is no hissing.  When they are unauthorized and you do get hissing, the levels should be nowhere near damaging to ears or monitors - I've been using IK product for longer than I've been here (and that's almost 10 years here) and any time I've heard this, including recently with unauthorized TR5, it was not too loud.   If this is not the case for you like you state, I'm sure IK Support can figure out what's going on and if they can replicate they'd report it to the developers.

It's that way for me when I opened them up in Reaper to check which ones are demos. I got this bundle to put on two older machines even though I have TR5 on my two other machines.   I thought I could mess up my licenses by refreshing my gear and have the two old machines using up my TR5 licenses.  I know there can be 10 authorizations but the way Windows is going with their upgrades I've had to deal with reauthorizations of some software.  So far that hasn't been the case with IK.  Give MS a chance and they may break that too.

BTW has anyone ever used up 10 authorizations?  Is support good at handling that?   I doubt that will happen to me since I have multiple licenses.

Also this was a nice gesture of IK giving this deal.   I also now have ST4.   

Does ST4 overwrite ST3?  Do I make a separate folder for ST4 sounds? 

Edited by kitekrazy

Super excited to install 4 SE tonight.  Downloaded last night. Thanks, IK!

Question, though, if anyone knows:  Anyone certain as to which of the downloads contain sounds that are unique to ST4 SE/ST4? 

I already have Sampletank 3 full and don't want to waste disc space on redundant content, thus the question.

Thanks!

Install ST4 content to a new path. Keep your existing ST3 content. No need to install any ST3 content again, but is available for download if you need it.

ST4 allows for multiple content paths.

ST3 and ST4 can be installed side by side.

If you see a lock symbol on content you should have access to, open a support ticket.

6 hours ago, abacab said:

Install ST4 content to a new path. Keep your existing ST3 content. No need to install any ST3 content again, but is available for download if you need it.

ST4 allows for multiple content paths.

ST3 and ST4 can be installed side by side.

If you see a lock symbol on content you should have access to, open a support ticket.

Done. Their solution did not work.   I was told to enter the serial again, no change.   I'd like to see in ST4 what these sounds are that take up 30gb of space.

Edited by kitekrazy

It appears SampleTank 4 is not recognizing the Library file install. Let's try the following to fix it:

- Open SampleTank 4 Standalone

- Go to SETTINGS > Sound Content

- Remove all the directories shown there

- Click on Rebuild Database

You should see it all empty.

- Now restart the app

After restarting, SampleTank 4 will look for the install paths. This essentially resets where SampleTank 4 "looks" for library info.

This might work.

Edited by kitekrazy

11 hours ago, abacab said:

If it didn't find the paths you installed the content in, you will need to add them in settings.

The above solution from IK support worked.   I had to clear all settings let it search then add the paths again.  For some odd reason the path in users/public/documents/ is like a make link (hard to explain) I originally installed the content next to the ST3 folder. 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:46 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The included T-RackS is T-RackS 4.  They will also function with the T-RackS 5 GUI and engine if you install T-RackS 5 Custom Shop (you won't have resizing or full TR5 metering in that case)

Hi, just bough this. If I install the 5 CS, will the individual modules also have the new GUI?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Hi, just bough this. If I install the 5 CS, will the individual modules also have the new GUI?  Thanks.

Yes, they will have the new GUI.

Note that the free version will not include resizing, floating meters, 192 kHz/32-bit floating point, Equal gain option, or signature presets from the industry's top engineers per the What's New section of https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

Those are available by upgrading to T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX. T-RackS 5 CS supports projects up to 48kHz and features basic metering functions. Presets require specific modules which might not be part of this version of T-RackS 5. You can however download any processor for FREE and test them for 14 days before purchase.

53 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Yes, they will have the new GUI.

Note that the free version will not include resizing, floating meters, 192 kHz/32-bit floating point, Equal gain option, or signature presets from the industry's top engineers per the What's New section of https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

Those are available by upgrading to T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX. T-RackS 5 CS supports projects up to 48kHz and features basic metering functions. Presets require specific modules which might not be part of this version of T-RackS 5. You can however download any processor for FREE and test them for 14 days before purchase.

Yep,  and this is leading to my favorite question, Peter, how could I (and people in similar situation) upgrade in reasonable way from TR4MAX (+all 4 TR5 new modules) to TR5MAX .

Answer I got from IK sales, thanks to your kind help, to check into my account for crossgrade offers (what of course I did long time ago not just once- and no, 256EUR using JamPoints for this couldn't be considered as reasonable):(

Or maybe I should stop thinking about upgrading? In fact do we really need to upgrade everything ?  For 256EUR I could grab few excellent deals for VSTi.

The more IK soft stuff user has the less reasonable offers are for him for some.  So in my humble opinion you are losing money you could grab from people who have a lot of IK stuff.  Finally I will get used not to have everything at the newest and maybe will thank IK for such politics letting me to save more money.

Edited by Piotr