$500 worth of IK plugins at Recording Revolution

jude77

$500 worth of free IK plugins for signing up with the Recording Revolution for $7 per month.  Here's the email I got:

A few days ago, I announced that I would be reopening my global music community Recording Revolution VIP for new members.

And the response I’ve gotten has been nothing short of amazing.

People all over the world are excited to join a community of like-minded musicians and get their hands on the resources and guidance they need to take their music to the next level.

And all for the insane, low price of just $7/month :)

Well, the deal gets even better… because the Recording Revolution is teaming up with IK Multimedia to give every VIP member a plugin bundle worth $500 called the Total Studio Trio.

A quick disclaimer: I’m a firm believer in mixing with stock plugins.

Great 3rd party plugins are like buying a fancy new sports car.

If you can drive, they’re fun to use, and they get you to your destination in no time flat.

But if you can’t drive… you’re more likely to end up crashing into your garage door!

The right plugins can make crafting a great mix faster and easier for you - but you need to understand the basics of mixing to make sure you can use them correctly.

But don’t worry if you’re brand new to mixing - just spend an hour or two watching the free mixing tutorials on my YouTube channel, and you’ll already be far ahead of the pack :)

I’ll reveal more details about this special plugin bundle very soon…

But it truly is a gift with no strings attached.

So if you join VIP for a month and download the plugins, but you’re not happy with your experience and decide to leave afterwards - you can keep the plugins. No hard feelings, and we’ll still be friends.

Now here's how it's going to work: I’ll be opening up VIP in less than a week’s time, on Thursday, February 21st.

And if you’d like to claim $500 worth of free plugins while joining a global community of musicians (and getting all the sweet resources and perks of VIP)... keep an eye on your inbox come Thursday.

Hope you're having a great week!

Graham Cochrane

RecordingRevolution.com

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this and seriously considered because of the IK plugins. It's only $7! But I decided against it.  Reading more closely, it seems as though it might be some sort of subscription or something with the IK plugins. So when you cancel, do you lose access the plugins.(??)  Am I wrong?   I don't think you get specifics until you sign up.

Here's the link.

https://www.myrecordingrevolution.com/vip-7-feb19

Now I see the picture is T-Racks3 - aren't they on 5 now?? Why "give away" the old version?

Last point, this "offer" comes off as such a hard sell and reads like an infomercial and really turns me off.  While I'll always be appreciative to Graham for getting me going with mixing a few years back - he was one of the first "names" I came across and I bought a beginners course from him - but his hard sell emails have really become a turn-off.  To the point that this just feels like a money-grab. Again and again.  Maybe I've just become too cynical these days?  

Right on queue. As I sent the prior response, another email for this offer came in. Here is a tiny snippet from the email:

Q: Will you be reopening VIP anytime soon after the doors close tomorrow?

Most likely not. There’s a lot of cool stuff in the pipeline for Recording Revolution this year, and it could be several months before I can open up VIP for new members again. Plus, the price might increase as the content inside VIP grows - so no promises here.

Remember - the doors to VIP will close tomorrow Midnight PST, so if you’d like to come join us for just $7/month… be sure to do it now.

5 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Odd that the bundle contains now defunct Sampletank...

What you mean "defunct"? Usually previous libraries work in newer Sampletank player, so I assumed ST3 SE library should work in the new ST4 free version, or am I wrong this time? Cheers.

23 minutes ago, chris.r said:

What you mean "defunct"? Usually previous libraries work in newer Sampletank player, so I assumed ST3 SE library should work in the new ST4 free version, or am I wrong this time? Cheers.

That they will.  Perhaps "superseded" would have been a better word choice than "defunct."

Edited by Anxiousmofo

If you are considering the SampleTank 4 upgrade, and have some old SampleTank 2 libraries sitting around that you want to use with it, you will need a copy of ST3 to import them.

This version of ST3 SE should be an option to import those old libraries.

ST4 cannot import ST2 libraries directly, but can use them if they have been imported into a version of ST3. I don't think ST3 Custom Shop (free) is available for download anymore, but that would also  have been an option.

I'm not sure if this giveaway bundle version would count as a retail version of ST3 SE towards the ST4 upgrade pricing. But if you already have any IK retail product with an MSRP value of $99 or higher, you should qualify for upgrade/crossgrade pricing.

Here is the IK eligibility check: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/eligibilitycheck/index.php?a=sampletank-4-max

Choose the main 'Product' name in the menu on the left, then from the right menu, select which 'Versions' you are interested in such as Upgrade, Crossgrade, or Maxgrade. All products that qualify you to purchase and register that Upgrade, Crossgrade, or Maxgrade product will then be displayed underneath.

@Peter - IK Multimedia on this site

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index.php?id=sampletank4

i read:

"Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release."

and

"Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release."

I registered my Sampletank 3 SE in my account but I don't see the ST4 SE version added.

Should I open a ticket at support to sort it out, or is this "version of SampleTank 3" received/purchased "as a part of a (...) software bundle" deliberately excluded from those rules?

Cheers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The software isn't dependent upon your subscription to The Recording Revolution.  You'll have the license for the included Trio of products afterward too.

Thanks for chiming in Peter.   Is it correct that the plugins are T-Racks 3?  Not T-Racks 5?? 

PS. REALLY enjoying my T-Racks plugins I picked up last year!  Quality stuff.

Edited by mibby

9 hours ago, mibby said:

Is it correct that the plugins are T-Racks 3?  Not T-Racks 5??

The T-Racks bundle registered finally in my account as version 4. The sad news is that there's no direct upgrade path from T-Racks CS Deluxe to 5 Deluxe, unfortunately.

Edited by chris.r
  • Thanks 1

Maybe Peter can let us know why the plugins aren't the latest versions. (?) This particular offer aside, from a support standpoint I would think IK would rather everyone be on the latest versions of their software...

@chris.r - BTW, how do you like Graham's site?  When did you join up?

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

The T-Racks bundle registered finally in my account as version 4. Tha sad news is that there's no direct upgrade path from T-Racks CS Deluxe to 5 Deluxe, unfortunately.

But anyway for 7$ it is absolutely no brainer, right? ;)

1 hour ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Makes one wonder if Amplitube 5 is right around the corner, given that the other two products bundled are superseded versions.

If so I would like to see there same way of approach as in BIAS for Celestion impulses. It is absolute brilliant. No messing with impulse files. Just using gui to pick and set mics :)