Our band performed live in the studio last week via streaming.

PJH

Our band performed live in the studio last week via streaming.

Due to the fact that we cannot perform live at the moment we decided to do a live stream from my studio. We performed our CCR Tribute show and I also recorded the live tracks into Cakewalk. We setup four cameras (vocals, bass, guitar, drums) and filmed the performance.

I edited the video and mixed the audio . It was very successful and went down extremely well. I used the Kemper rack direct with a borrowed remote for guitars and the Line 6 Helix for bass.

This is our version of one of the tracks – Suzie Q

Hope you enjoy

Peter.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

Not bad ;) anyone would think you played together now and then. :) 

Thanks Wookiee, yes you could say that. The band has been together for about 15 years now.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

Great stuff, guys.  I hope to see more of this in the coming weeks.  From everyone actually.  Was this streaming concert easy to set up?  

I'm also working on a way band members can work together on DAW over the internet instead of being together in one room (bad idea right now), to work on recording overdub tracks or arranging and producing (these tasks are latency tolerant).

Incidentally, I am hoping DAW software or plugins are on the way to providing turn-key 'remote audio', so band members can hear the DAW output over the internet.  All we need is a plugin that each member can pop into their local DAW that will tote audio from one IP/port to another.  Programs like 'Zoom' are already available for remote control of the DAW mouse and keyboard, but the 'audio-across-internet' component remains a problem.  There are some early adopters providing VST plugin solutions, no messing with ports or mask address, etc., but they are by subscription only - and they use a server in the loop..

On 7/4/2020 at 3:40 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Great!
Love the way you worked in Born on the Bayou.

t

Oh! the  Voodoo Child Slight Return quote; priceless...

Thanks Deering, the "additions" crept in over time after playing it many many times.

@Billy ZeppaThanks for your comments. The streaming was setup by a local radio station who has a Youtube Channel setup for this purpose. I'm not exactly sure how it works and all I know is that once a ticket is purchased, about ten minutes before the show a link is sent to the viewer to access the channel.

Cheers.

• Like 1