Exports at wrong speed

alex_b

Question

I've been trying for days to export a project for about a day now with little luck.  Actually this is the 2nd project I'm having trouble exporting (spent an entire other day trying to export it and finally gave up).  What happens is that the export plays back at the wrong speed, too slow.  I noticed another thread where they talked about checking the bitrate and sample rate.  I've tried virtually every combination of bitrates/sample rates and it just WILL NOT export correctly.  It DOES play correctly, but will not export correctly.  The only thing that might be different about these two projects I'm having trouble with is that one of the waves (1 track)  was from another source, i.e. I did not record it in cakewalk.  All the other tracks in the project WERE recorded in cakewalk.  The bitrate is 16 bits for all tracks.  I don't know how to check the sample rate on the tracks.

This is a HUGE deal since if I can't export my results there no point in even using cakewalk.  I'm running the latest version of cakewalk on win10 pro 64bit on a Toshiba satellite e45t-a4300 w 12 gig of ram and a scarlet 2i4 audio interface.

Edited by alex_b

4 answers to this question

Are you exporting as a wave file or MP3 file?

What are you using to play back the resultant exported file?

If it's a wave file, and you right click on the resultant wave file and select properties and go to the details tab, does the "audio sample rate" of the file match what you exported it as?

Have you tried playing it back on another device (Like your phone)?

any time i hear playing back at different speeds on export..i think sample rate.

Try a test by removing that one audio file you didn't record in cakewalk to see if that is the problem.

If it is, try bouncing that track using Bounce to tracks and remove the other one. remember we are only testing here to see if that's the problem so i wouldn't save the project after these tests.

6 hours ago, alex_b said:

I've been trying for days to export a project for about a day now with little luck.  Actually this is the 2nd project I'm having trouble exporting (spent an entire other day trying to export it and finally gave up).  What happens is that the export plays back at the wrong speed, too slow.  I noticed another thread where they talked about checking the bitrate and sample rate.  I've tried virtually every combination of bitrates/sample rates and it just WILL NOT export correctly.  It DOES play correctly, but will not export correctly.  The only thing that might be different about these two projects I'm having trouble with is that one of the waves (1 track)  was from another source, i.e. I did not record it in cakewalk.  All the other tracks in the project WERE recorded in cakewalk.  The bitrate is 16 bits for all tracks.  I don't know how to check the sample rate on the tracks.

This is a HUGE deal since if I can't export my results there no point in even using cakewalk.  I'm running the latest version of cakewalk on win10 pro 64bit on a Toshiba satellite e45t-a4300 w 12 gig of ram and a scarlet 2i4 audio interface.

What's the audio card and driver mode? It's possible you've got a mismatch between your project sample rate and what's being exported. That can sometimes happen when device drivers don't play nice on the system.