iZotope Iris 2 on SALE for $9.99 USD!

Hillmy

I have to say - the level of control looks awesome and the promo video on iZotope's page sells it like a pro.  But when I listen to the example sounds, I'm like......??? Just sounds like old Korg preset sounds or something I can do in Dimension Pro. What am I missing here? 

5 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Didn't we get this free recently with some Plugin Boutique purchase? Do I not already have this? Who here is keeping track of what I have and don't have? Not I apparently 

Yep. I got it that way. Having problems with the Iris 2 new update in CbB but works ok in other DAWs and some people have no problems in Cakewalk so possibly something specific to my system

• 2 weeks later...

When i recall how much i paid thinking i made a good deal 😓

notice guyz that you get sampes and sources that i use in other sample based or capable synths , it s cool, for exemple in padshop or skylight from NI ;) 

16 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Sounds a lot like what you get from Absynth. Is that what most of Iris does, ethereal/ambient stuff? 

That's a lot of what Luftrum, the sound designer does. This was just an example of his work and it shows off nicely the capability of spectral filtering, which is Iris unique skill set.

But you can make any type of sounds that your samples will accommodate, plus the standard analog oscillator waveforms are included: sine, saw, triangle, square, pulse, and noise. You have four wave slots to work with so you could mix and match osc and samples to make a hybrid of your samples and standard osc.

Plus in addition to the core factory presets, Iris 2 comes with a 10 GB sample library (without presets) that you can use any way you want to create your own sounds. It's an interesting sound design toolbox. 😁

Edited by abacab

6 hours ago, Zo said:

When i recall how much i paid thinking i made a good deal 😓

notice guyz that you get sampes and sources that i use in other sample based or capable synths , it s cool, for exemple in padshop or skylight from NI ;) 

Yes, the 10GB extra samples are not locked to Iris 2. Use them anywhere!

Iris is a no brainer at that price IMO. I don't use it a lot, mostly just little texture things here and there, but it's fun to throw some of the vocal in there with some other sounds, mess around with it and then mix the result in behind the vocal here and there to add some interest.

• Great Idea 1

Exact no brainer , by the way if somebody buy other stuff and got an extra licence for reason lite , i'm open ;) 

Post like this make me remember i already have cool stuff lol 

• Haha 1