Metal-Rock guys?

7 hours ago, Phil Balliet said:

Any of you here using Bandlab to share your music or collaboration? I've been using it a whole lot, making good friends and music on there, it's been really cool.

We've only posted a few songs there but since we're a collaboration already we don't have much need for that aspect of Bandlab.

• Like 1

I do have a couple of things up on Bandlab (link in sig below), mostly to get a feel for how to use the site. Funnily enough, one is a classic rock song where I'm playing bass, rather than the kind of things I'm known for most (guitar and vocals on heavier music) but that's where Bandlab is pretty fun - you get to expand your palette a bit.

It's a bit of a shame my schedule is so ridiculous these days because collaboration is a lot of fun when I have free time. I think there's talk of thowing up stems from our next album for a song or two and getting people to do a remix or guest parts, which should be cool. Who knows, it could be so good I put myself out of a job! 🤣

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 2:54 AM, Lord Tim said:

I think that's like some kind of a law from your part of the world, that you have to serve your time in a black or death metal band, kind of like national service! 😛

LOL :) It's funny because it's true... But there are much more black metal bands in Norway than in Finland which is "general" metal country: Apocalyptica, Amorphis, Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Impaled Nazarene, Stratovarius, Stam1na, Korpiklaani...

• Like 2

Yes, my favorite genre! I'm more into Prog metal, but I like different types. Bands I like and am influenced by are Anubis Gate, Spheric Universe Experience, Symphony X, Metallica, Threshold, Opeth, Enslaved to name several. I play guitar and keyboards, though I'm somewhat of a beginner at both.

Edited by sdsubball23
  • Thanks 1

Mostly modern rock, prog rock, and metal. Every now and then some pop and pop/rock, but, old school (like, with drums and instruments, not pure synths and beats)

I feel we're so relegated by mainstream nowadays... How cool was to turn on the radio and have Stone Temple Pilots, or Metallica, airing with...I don't know, Seal, or Natalie Imbruglia, or Jamiroquai...(just to name a few from the broad spectre of genres airing) jeez... I feel old

• Thanks 1