Installing Sonar Platinum Oct 2018 Final Release With Cakewalk By Bandlab Already Installed

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any official statements from the Developers if installing the final update of Sonar Platinum AFTER Cakewalk by Bandlab is already installed can cause any issues.  I recently re-formatted my PC and only installed Cakewalk by Bandlab and realize now I need TruePianos and a few other plugins from the Sonar Platinum Install.  I tried installing them manually but I get the following error.  Thank You!

Capture.JPG

I believe some Platinum installers check the registry to confirm the DAW has been installed.

This means the Platinum DAW must be installed before running any of the other installers.

Doing so will likely overwrite some of the "Shared Folders" installed by CbB.

After installing Platinum use BandLab Assistant to uninstall and re-install CbB.

Yeah, the content installers for Platinum are going to check that Platinum is in fact installed. Short answer, if you install all of the Plat/Content, just then reinstall Cakewalk by BandLab on top. All your settings will persist, but any shared components that got overwritten by Platinum's install will be restored by doing the CbB reinstall.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Yeah, the content installers for Platinum are going to check that Platinum is in fact installed. Short answer, if you install all of the Plat/Content, just then reinstall Cakewalk by BandLab on top. All your settings will persist, but any shared components that got overwritten by Platinum's install will be restored by doing the CbB reinstall.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much.   How do I reinstall CbB as I used BandLab Assistant to download and install.

Just now, ADUS said:

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much.   How do I reinstall CbB as I used BandLab Assistant to download and install.

You'll need to do the uninstall in Assistant, which will then allow you to reinstall once that is complete. As mentioned the uninstall doesn't remove your settings, just the main app components, so when you then reinstall, it'll inherit your settings from before.

• Like 1