VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 + Intro Offer

Hidden Symmetry

On 2/25/2019 at 6:58 PM, kitekrazy said:

Well call me a fool. My upgrade was $71.  I figure the library was worth it since I only have SE versions. 

Gotta admit -- I'm curious what the Epic Orchestra sounds like, and how good the patches are...

• 2 weeks later...

Very briefly VEP is mixing/ hosting software & creates a server on your computer where you can use slaves to host large sample libraries.  (takes strain off you main computer)

You load libraries inside of VEP then control it's mixer & other features via your daw by routing midi & audio.

Epic Orchestra 2.0 is a small, basic orchestra library package.  Albion is a fully featured library that you could also load inside of VEP7 (via Kontakt) Each are different in terms of sound & functionality. I would choose Albion over Epic myself but that's only because I have other VSL libraries that are more complete. (I layer different libraries together.)

So VEP7 is mixing/ hosting software & if you pre-order you'll get the basic Epic 2.0 library for free.

VSL also has it's Smart Orchestra for quick sketching which might be more useful for you.

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Smart_Orchestra

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

I have no experience with VSL or this package, but I'm looking for an orchestral VST.  Granted this hasn't been released yet, do you have a sense for how this might compare (based on size, comprehensiveness, etc.) to Albion One?

You will need an eLicenser dongle.   The drawback to VSL is you will have to pay to get your licenses back if you dongle is damaged or lost.   The other option is to pay their mob protection fee for 2 years which is more than buying 2 dongles. Don't invest too much money in their libraries unless you are getting paid for your work.  Their fan base is dwindling.

Hi,

Since there are some VEP users here I was curious about a couple of uses:

Has anyone tried using it with pitch correction tools like Melodyne or Vocalign?

What about other plugins (Waves, Fab Filter, Izotope)?

From what I have gathered with VEP,  the setup for these would be pretty tedious since you would have to set up audio paths to/from the VEP server, but I was wondering if it would take some workload off of the DAW.

Thanks for any thoughts,

h

I never tried Melodyne or Vocalign with it but all the others you mention work fine. I use different reverb plugins along with MIR in it too. Many plugins are known to perform more efficiently when using VEP.

3rd party VI's work as well, don't know about all of them but I run Kontakt, Play & UVI Workstation without problems.

Thanks for the feedback Hidden Symmetry. The server aspect of VEP sounds interesting for large mix downs for plug ins that take a bunch of CPU attention (as you said reverb).

I have the version of Melodyne that lets you work multiple channels simultaneously and am thinking a VEP server will not work in that situation (or be difficult to set up). However, you can work on single channels, so it should work that way (Vocalign is single channel too).

I also have iZotope RX which is very CPU intensive when processing larger files and a VEP server should help with that.  

I did pick up VEP with the latest offer Vienna Instruments made for VEP 7 and Epic Orchestra (plus I picked up the license key) and now I am looking at building a server - so it will be a while before I get up and running with it. My existing DAW machine still runs well (Intel i7 3.8G 32G RAM / Studio One Pro 4) but I like to explore and push some limits with new technologies.

Introductory Offers through May 16, 2019

Upgrade Offer

The upgrade price to Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 is currently €75 (reg. €95) for the first license, and it includes Epic Orchestra 2.0, free of charge. Additional Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 upgrade licenses are offered at €45 (reg. €65) each. When you're logged in, the reduced price is automatically shown as “Your Price” if you’ve already registered Vienna Ensemble Pro 4, 5 or 6.

Full Purchase

If you’re new to Vienna Ensemble Pro, now is a great time to jump aboard! The introductory price of Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 including Epic Orchestra 2.0 is €145 (reg. €195). To run Vienna Ensemble Pro on more computers, additional licenses are available at €65 (reg. €95) each. You may download and install Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 from MyVSL anytime.

• 2 weeks later...

So if you have Vienna Ensemble Pro v6 and don't care about getting the library/libraries - what's there in v7 to make me obsess about throwing my money at it instead of some other item listed in this forum?

Edited by TheSteven