Deleting Measures/Bars

David Hobbs

Question

I'm new to this programme having used Home Studio 4 for years. I have a problem. How do you delete measures? I have been working on a project and i inserted a number of measures to make a gap. Now I want to remove those inserted measures so the recorded clips come together. HOW? Please help.

4 answers to this question

The reference guide gives two ways for deleting measures. Check out pp 715 for more details.

Deleting measures or time from one or more tracks
There are two methods for deleting time or measures:
If there is any audio or MIDI data in the area you want to delete, you can use the Edit > Delete command to delete the area that
you select. Portions of MIDI clips may have no data in them: they have boundaries but no dark lines inside—if that’s the case, use
the following method.
If there is no data in the area you want to delete, you can simply drag any clips that come after the empty area to their proper
destinations. You can also use this method if there is data in the area you want to delete—you just have to choose whether you
want to replace the data in the deleted area, blend it with the data you’re moving, or slide it over to make room.