PA Voucher $20 reset for everyone

kevin H

I think these vouchers are the best for buying 29$ stuff as there is no minimum price condition.

Got myself the Engl 765 and Chandler amps. Already have the 646, rockrack and other oldies which I use a lot in my tracks, so I'm hoping for some great tones with these two.

14 hours ago, Hillmy said:

That end bit confused me for a bit. 

Yes agree that last part was weird. I copied and pasted from their email verbatim.  

I used my $20 reset voucher on Fuchs overdrive supreme 50 as I already have most everything else.

I have a question about the Brand Bundles does that mean you pay for example $5.99 for all the included plugins? or is it a monthly pay thing? individually the plugins are more priced than the bundle itself. I was about to buy a bunch of bundles, but I want to make sure first.

6 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

I have a question about the Brand Bundles does that mean you pay for example $5.99 for all the included plugins? or is it a monthly pay thing? individually the plugins are more priced than the bundle itself. I was about to buy a bunch of bundles, but I want to make sure first.

That's a monthly subscription 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Which guitar amp.woild people recommend please ?

The Chandler , EGLs ?  Or as many seem to say the Rockrack 3 please ?

What type of music do you play? ENGL are good for metal - I have no experience w/ Engl, but I'd definitely get the Chandler, it's a unique amp among the rest. I scored the Chandler as I use Nembrini stuff for metal (doom). 

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2018/12/02/brainworx-engl-e765-rt/

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2018/12/02/brainworx-engl-e646-vs/

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2018/12/01/brainworx-chandler-gav19t/

39 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Thanks for taking time.to reply.  Don't really have a style just starting out on guitar so complete mix really 

If you're just starting out on guitar you'll really dig the Brainworx amps. Brainworx amps are good regardless especially if you can get one for $9.99 - just saying if you're just starting out then you're not all jaded like me, where a guy like me has to have the absolute best, so something like Amplitube and BIAS FX is no good mainly because I hate suites but especially in the case of BIAS FX, it's just garbage and these are just my opinions btw. Actually, you wanna talk to guy who thinks most amp sims are garbage talk to @ensconced lol, I agree w/ him on a lot of stuff in that regard, but I'll say that imo if you want the best then be looking at Nembrini, some Brainworx (also by Nembrini), Neural dsp. Nembrini should be having an 80% off sale soon and you can get his Marshall amp for $27 then (usually $137) and it's the absolute best Marshall on the market. Something like Amplitube and BIAS are basically the McDonald's and Jack in the Box of amp sims. My opinions. I hate suites. 

49 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

especially in the case of BIAS FX, it's just garbage and these are just my opinions btw.

Do you mean v1, or v2 (i.e. the current version)? It's cool if you think that's garbage too; just that v2 was a fairly big improvement over v1 - some people love it, some people still hate it. Just interested in what someone who's really into guitar amps thinks of v2.

51 minutes ago, antler said:

Do you mean v1, or v2 (i.e. the current version)? It's cool if you think that's garbage too; just that v2 was a fairly big improvement over v1 - some people love it, some people still hate it. Just interested in what someone who's really into guitar amps thinks of v2.

V1. Which reminds me, they recently upgraded me to v. 2. Oh I don't know maybe I'll check out the POG octaver on it but I doubt I'll bother beyond that and may not even do that. Just too little too late now. 

3 hours ago, Mark B said:

Which guitar amp.woild people recommend please ?

The Chandler , EGLs ?  Or as many seem to say the Rockrack 3 please ?

None of the PA Amp Sims, but if you must the Chandler is the only 1 worth your time, but it is very limited.

If I were to give my personal opinion, I would say go Softube, Kuassa, Amplitube, BIAS, but whatever you try, ditch the cabs and get some decent 3rd party cab IR's, like Ownhammer or RedWirez, some may say Celestion, I wouldn't, to me they sound less than others, boxy or something, but you may like them who knows. Don't stick to presets, select the amp you want and work it, save a default of your own, branch out from there when required.

One good thing to do is play for a while in one amp sim, then quickly change to another, let your ears do the choosing. I can play using the Nembrini Marshall, Nueral DSP amp change to a Softube Marshall and strait away here the difference, and for me it's Softube every time by a good margin. reverse the order and try again.

For me it really shows, you can get used to something and think it's good, quickly switching to something else can be really telling, if what you switched to is either worse or better, it will be obvious. You can get used to anything and think it's good, so best to try everything and keep yourself on your toes.

The new Joe Satriani expansion for Amplitube contains 2 amps that sound amazing (and 1 not so), I could just use those 2 and be happy and get everything I want, same with the Softube amps.

Main thing is try things out yourself, demo demo demo, don't listen to much to what anyone says, your likes and dislikes and wants will likely be different.

imo, ymmv et etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

you wanna talk to guy who thinks most amp sims are garbage talk to @ensconced lol,

Not true at all, I have said that all Amp Sims sound like crap Stand Alone, which to me they do, put them inside a DAW and add stuff before/after etc, different story. Because of how good they can sound, and the convenience of itb, I am quite happy to leave my amps and cabs etc in storage, but if I had to use an amp sim as is, on it's own, no thanks.

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

in the case of BIAS FX, it's just garbage

1 hour ago, antler said:

If you ditch the cabs and use quality 3rd party cabs for the most part, turn off any FX, work your chosen amp, you can make any of the PG stuff, BIAS Amp 1/2 BIAS FX1/2 sound awesome if you know what you are doing and choose your amps . The company sucks shit through a straw, and the products do have some issues, but nothing that makes them unusable by any means. imo, ymmv et etc