Connection between E-Piano and Cakewalk ist not working properly

Anastasia

Hey guys,

So...I recently started to work with Cakewalk and I would like to connect my E-Piano (Yamaha Clavinova CLP-820) through a Midi-Cabel to USB to my computer, so I can make a record of my piano. Unfortunatly, everytime when I start pressing down my Keys on the Piano, eventually I get other random tones I did not press the key for (these tones also have lot of reverb that just sounds terrible xD). Also there are Delays of the tones and sometimes little "breaks" happen (no matter what key I press..........nothing happens).   :(

I hope there is some solution for this, cause I am really curious to play around with the tracks.   :D

Thank you for concideration (and patience)!

Taja

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Taja and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

I am guessing that you're recording MIDI into Cakewalk.  If that is the case, what virtual instrument are you using?  Seems it may be the preset on your VSTi.  However, if you are attempting to record the sound of your CLP-820, that would require a different connection to Cakewalk altogether.

Also, are you using an audio interface in the process?  If so, what kind is it and is it the way you are connecting MIDI to your PC?

Kind regards,

tecknot

Edited by tecknot

She said MIDI cable to USB, so I'm assuming it's a MIDI-to-USB interface. If it's one of those $10 oval-shaped eBay cheapos that were around a few years ago, I found the one that I bought to be prone to stuck notes.

I've noticed a new generation of reasonably-priced USB-MIDI interfaces, maybe they work better, but if she has one of those older ones, it may be the source of the problem or a contributing factor, if it's sending spurious info. It could be sending patch changes or heaven knows what.