Default track template

winkpain

Question

I cannot seem to remember:

How do we save our preferred version of the default track template?

I'm well familiar with exporting/creating and using my own named templates as described in the User Manual on page 328 (in the downloaded pdf). Here I'm talking about the unnamed default that defines the setup of a (in this case audio) track with an arrangement of chosen ProChannel modules and is the one used for a simple Insert Audio Track or with a drag and drop of an audio file(s) and without having to choose "Insert from Track Template" and then choosing the template.

Anyone know?  This question was asked a year and a half ago with no answer....

4 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, scook said:

To set PC defaults for tracks and buses, right-click in an empty part of the PC or on a PC plug-in header and select the option from the context menu.

That's it. Thanks!

This does not, however, preserve the chosen status of the modules. For example, if I want to have the default Console Emulator always load as an A Type with Tolerance set to On, nor does it preserve the On/Off state of the modules.

Is it possible, then,  to choose a particular PC preset that will load by default when doing this??

39 minutes ago, scook said:

Only if the track is in a project or track template.

To always use the same audio track setup add the track to the project template fully configured and instead of inserting new tracks, duplicate the configured track.

Yup. I got all that and that's how I've been doing it, and I'm familiar with workarounds with temporary group changes to ensure all tracks have the same settings after the fact, etc.

I was just hoping for a way to have the default be exactly how I wanted it (with preferred module states - specifically the Console module) from the outset whether Inserting new track or drag/drop adding tracks so as to have a "set-and-forget" scenario.

No worries, tho. The setting default arrangement from PC context menu got me much closer.  Thanks again!