75% off - Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion by Impact Soundworks!

Audio Plugin Deals

For just $49.99, get Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion by Impact Soundworks!

This exquisite symphonic collection for KONTAKT features a comprehensive collection of 50 traditional & extended percussive instruments recorded through three mic positions.

With a cleanfocused character that is not clinically dry OR overly ‘epic’, Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion is highly flexible for everything from small ensemble scoring and intimate cues to dramatic & bombastic.

No other percussion library is as extensive AND affordable!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/rhapsody-orchestral-percussion-by-impact-soundworks/

Deal ends: March 3rd

SoundCloud Demos
https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/rhapsody-orchestral-percussion

Youtube Videos

I grabbed this one, since I am a sucker for no-brainers. First impression: it is a quite good, although there are some things I'm still undecided on.

The cymbals are all very nice, with smooth shift between velocity layers and the crescendo/rolls sound great and not phasey or artificial. Really useful.

Hand drums, drums, snares, etc -- all great, and a nice mix of tones. The different mic positions are really useful and I already have some mic mixes that work well with my existing template.

Glock/Crotales/ Tubular Bells, etc -- bright and clear, sound great. I really like the choke key for the tubular bells, since not all libraries have that feature, for whatever reason. The different mics on the tubular bells really vary the sound, although to my ears the bells do have a bit of a thwack sound to them, like the mallet/chime hammer being used is pretty hard. Not a problem for me, but if you want a more sonorous and/or warmer tone, these might not be quite what you are looking for.

Marimba - quite lovely, with a smooth mix of velocity layers

Timpanis - Gotta admit, these are disappointing me so far.  There are some nice samples here, for sure, but I don't find the transition between velocity layers is quite as smooth as I'd like, and I'm not all that keen on the timp rolls with the mod wheel. It could be that I just need more time with them, but I find the rolls are really phasey if you move the mod wheel too fast, and they cut off instantly - and very artificially - when you let go of the key. That would be fine if you could cap the roll off with a single hit, but I find that the tone of the rolls does not match with the tone of the single hits, and so doing a crescendo / end strike with the mod wheel and the single hits just doesn't sound real to my ears. I gotta play with this more, see if it's just a matter of finding the right velocity. But so far, I don't see me using the timps all that much. I have other timp libraries that better suit my template.

Overall though, this collection is totally worth $48 bucks, as there is a ton of great stuff in it.

• Like 2