Group

Didazne

@Nigel Mackay ok but i mean i can group a lead tracks to do the same processing to them. I know what can be done with the shipments but I would like to group 8 tracks to do a processing by insert. something like ableton that you can select tracks and with Ctrl-G you can group these tracks

Edited by DIDAZNE

ok but i am more interested in being able to group tracks in itself and the FX thing and that not so much

but what I'm interested in knowing is then in cakewalk I don't have the option to group tracks yes or no?

Edited by DIDAZNE

Never used Ableton so no idea what happens there, but if I understand correctly you want to send several tracks to the same fx plugin? You can do this if you put the fx plugin on a bus and either set the outputs of your tracks to that bus or insert sends to that bus if you want to also keep the pre fx sound in the mix 

• Like 2

The answer is yes.  However you can't group all of the controls in your selected tracks into a single group (Well you can but the results will not be what you are expecting).  Select the tracks you want to group then Cntrl+Right Click a control (like the fader or pan knob).  Group is one of the options in the context menu.

Group management in Cakewalk can be very flexible and powerful. For more information RTFM (again and again and...).

* I think we are all misunderstanding what you want. *** @paulogot it

Maybe you want to create a Bus? Then route multiple tracks to that bus?

In Cakewalk the term Groups refers to control groups or clip groups.

Edited by Base 57
reread the 5th post and then the 6th
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DIDAZNE said:

ok but i am more interested in being able to group tracks in itself and the FX thing and that not so much

but what I'm interested in knowing is then in cakewalk I don't have the option to group tracks yes or no?

Can you point to a YouTube tutorial where they do that in Ableton so we can see exactly what you want to do?

OK - here is the section of documentation on Quick Groups, which seems like it applies to what you want to do:

Quick Groups Documentation

SO, to do the same change to identical controls or effects in multiple tracks, you group the tracks, and follow the steps in the above documentation, to cause that change to be done to each track that you grouped.  Please read the above doc, as I believe it contains the instructions to accomplish what you seek to do. :) 

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
Added text for clarity