Using Cakewalk with a Soundcraft Ui24r

JAMES P COSTELLO

Hello All - 

Is anyone else using a Soundcraft Ui product as their input into Cakewalk?  I just got my Ui24r and am having a host of patching & input problems.  

o   HW INS (1:1) gets a signal into Cakewalk, but, I can’t hear the signal, or the click.

o   USB-DAW 1-16 let’s me hear the click and what I recorded, but I can’t play along with it.

36 minutes ago, JAMES P COSTELLO said:

Can you recommend a low latency driver?

Yes in Windows 10.. WASAPI, but first id like to know is there an included ASIO driver for the Ui24r ?

I didn't see one when I looked up your product.

15 hours ago, JAMES P COSTELLO said:

o   USB-DAW 1-16 let’s me hear the click and what I recorded, but I can’t play along with it.

Do you mean Latency.  Is the new recorded signal delayed ?

12 hours ago, JAMES P COSTELLO said:

As as the latency goes - I can't quite figure it out.  I can play in time with a click, but then the playback sounds off.

Look up "Loop Back Test" on the old forum. Do that to adjust the Manuel Offset in Preferences.

Chuck, my apologies.

It basically came down to the driver needed to make my Soundcraft Ui24r work with Cakewalk.  I had to reload it a few times but I think I got it. 

With Soundcraft, the first 10 outputs (in on Cakewalk) are reserved for their (2) main outs and (8) AUX channels, so, if you're plugged into Ch1 on the Ui24r, it's 11 Left in Cakewalk.  Ch 4 would be 13 Right in Cakewalk.    That's been another fun lesson,

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2019 at 3:17 AM, JAMES P COSTELLO said:

Chuck, my apologies.

It basically came down to the driver needed to make my Soundcraft Ui24r work with Cakewalk.  I had to reload it a few times but I think I got it. 

With Soundcraft, the first 10 outputs (in on Cakewalk) are reserved for their (2) main outs and (8) AUX channels, so, if you're plugged into Ch1 on the Ui24r, it's 11 Left in Cakewalk.  Ch 4 would be 13 Right in Cakewalk.    That's been another fun lesson,

Eu estou com esse mesmo problemas de direcionamento de canais. A mesa ui24r tem uma sistemática diferente para canais de entrada e saída, quando vai ser usada como placa de áudio para DAW. No Reaper, consegui mapear os canais, nas no Cakewalk não consigo.

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys, I don’t know if i’m at the right place but I ask anyway. I’m using Cakewalk by Bandlab with soundcraft UI24R and I’m wondering if I could insert a lighting DMX control in every song in midi to drive lighting when live performing. Does anybody did it and know how to do it and what to use to do so?