Cover - Cheap Trick's "She's Tight"

Blades

Thanks for the input @kloon.  Much appreciated.  Interestingly, those high parts are not uncomfortable for me to sing and are probably one of the more powerful (=loud) parts of my voice, but I don't have a lot of Growl up there.  I wonder if that's what makes them sound weak to you.

3 hours ago, Blades said:

Thanks for the input @kloon.  Much appreciated.  Interestingly, those high parts are not uncomfortable for me to sing and are probably one of the more powerful (=loud) parts of my voice, but I don't have a lot of Growl up there.  I wonder if that's what makes them sound weak to you.

Hard to explain, i think it's just that the voice only comes from your head in that part which makes it thinner and more monotone. So yeah, it could be a little growl from the chest i am missing.

But it is in no way bad, and remember this is just one persons opinion.

I like how when the rhythm guitar riff "stops" there is still something there in the silence

That is either the sound from the original song where I sampled the phone ring and the woman sounds (the obvious things) or the little bit of holdover from the appeggiator that is running on the Arturia synth sound that I actually spent a bunch of time to automated just but couldn't get to completely shut up.  Funny that you liked that it was there!

Thank you for the feedback.

Hey, Blades,

Nice job on this great cover!👍

Excellent playing and vocals, and I like how close to the original you were able to recreate the mix, staying true to the song.

I did this with one of my cover bands a gazillion years ago, and it always packed the dance floor when we played it, good times!😀

I saw Cheap Trick live two times back in the 80's and early 90's, and they put on a killer show both times.

Really nice work, Blades, good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Have a good one,
Bob

I remember the video for this song (Back when MTV played music).

As for this cover... The breaks were.. "tight" :D

I thought the falsetto parts were pretty good too considering those can be hard to duplicate. Guitar tone was pretty much right one as well.

The only thing I didn't like about is you recorded it in Studio one B|. Be a shame if this community lost you around here.

Great job on the song.

Wow!  I missed a few of these last comments.

@soundregion: thank you sir.

@Bob Oister: I always try to do covers close to the original if I can manage the parts or aim for a complete departure from it.    Glad you recognized that I tried to stay true.

@Chuck E Baby: I suppose you mean by the Falsetto parts you mean the "backup stacks" in the chorus.   They were a pain.  I didn't really get them as "phat" as I wanted them to be, but I guess they are ok.  As for recording in Studio One: this forum keeps me here, so I will continue sticking around.  I hope that there are a few things that will improve in the software that I really like in S1 and I could switch back.

@Douglas Kirby: Thanks for the listen and comment.