Sixth Symphony, 1st movement

Jerry Gerber

So glad to hear some Jerry Gerber here on the songs forum on a Saturday night . . . this is a great listen Jerry, I'm curious to know why it's one of you're own favourites ?

It surely morphs through some classical, impressionist, and romantic gestures, and there is that hint of a phasing electronica sound that reappears a few times through the piece. I very much appreciate the detail that's gone into creating this, and enjoyed the dynamics and creativity all along.

Hi Noyekker,

Thanks for taking the time to listen, much appreciated..

I listen to works I've written over the years and always find things I like and don't like about what I did.  That's how I learn, by reacting and analyzing what I did and finding ways to do it better.  It's a never ending journey I suppose.  I like the motivic development in this movement and I think from the standpoint of composition it's an improvement over some of my earlier movements which don't have the degree of structural cohesion that this movement has.  Then again, I might have a listen in several years from now and change my mind. 

Jerry

Edited by jsg