VST-Club.Com? Yes or No?

Jim Fogle

Here's the deal:

We get your credit card information to sell on the black market and ruin your life.  You'll  get to keep that sweet memory of when you thought you could get all the Fabfilters for $10.  Wowee! 😃  We'll always have Paris.

If anybody thinks these con artists are actually selling software, then let me introduce myself.  I am Prince Tiger the Frog.  🐸  I need to transfer 2.5 million dollars of my royal fortune and a complete set of Waves Plugins (with WUP)  to you.  But in order for me to trust you, you'll have to give me full access to your bank account.

This is completely legit, I assure you.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, filo said:

Revulytics-2019-Top-20-Software-License-

haha wtf that graphic is crazy. I am from Argentina and we know how to use a vpn.  I mean, every latm country should be red :P
as @Dzilizzi says, it is super expensive to buy soft in 3rd/4th countries and I have no problem with kids and begginers that pirate over there, as its mainly a hobby. I can support that in some level. On  the other hand, I am super against  people that make a living with music (or designers), well known producers and musicians, boasting they use pirate software. Buying soft is something that escape their mind completly. They should support the developers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

If anybody thinks these con artists are actually selling software, then let me introduce myself.  I am Prince Tiger the Frog.  🐸  I need to transfer 2.5 million dollars of my royal fortune and a complete set of Waves Plugins (with WUP)  to you.  But in order for me to trust you, you'll have to give me full access to your bank account.

This is completely legit, I assure you.

Tiger, this is great news!  I'm in.  How do we get started? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

haha wtf that graphic is crazy. I am from Argentina and we know how to use a vpn.  I mean, every latm country should be red :P
as @Dzilizzi says, it is super expensive to buy soft in 3rd/4th countries and I have no problem with kids and begginers that pirate over there, as its mainly a hobby. I can support that in some level. On  the other hand, I am super against  people that make a living with music (or designers), well known producers and musicians, boasting they use pirate software. Buying soft is something that escape their mind completly. They should support the developers

Honestly there is no justification for it these days.  I understood that mentality 20 years ago when all software for music production was expensive.

Bandlab is free, and an absurd about of quality free plugins and VSTis on the market.  

Anyone that can't afford to pay, can use free.  No longer any excuse at all.  

Anyone with any tallent and hardware (which you can' t get for free) can produce high quality recordings these days, with zero software costs.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

I kind of get software piracy in countries where a normal wage is something like $10/day.  You can't spend your monthly salary on a piece of software. But why would you buy it?  If you are going to get a cracked version, go find a free one. I see them around when I do google searches for the real thing. 

It would really suck to save up to pay for this and find you bought malware.  At least with the free version, you get what you paid for.....

Yup. In fact there is absolutely no need to buy cracked software even in countries where salaries are really bad...

There are so many great free software for almost everything one could imagine....

Free DAWs (CbB for free is unbelievable 'deal' ;), great compressors and whats more premium manufacturers are giving many simpler but still usable version of thier soft... Melda is giving incredible amount of free plugins...

It is more than enough to make great music... Let's be honest with ourselves skill is gamechanger not plugins... 

The more we are buying more time and money in fact we are losing for other things than creating music ;)  How many different EQs or 1176 emulations we need?  That damn GAS... :(

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Honestly there is no justification for it these days.  I understood that mentality 20 years ago when all software for music production was expensive.

Bandlab is free, and an absurd about of quality free plugins and VSTis on the market.  

Anyone that can't afford to pay, can use free.  No longer any excuse at all.  

Anyone with any tallent and hardware (which you can' t for free) can produce high quality recordings these days, with zero software costs.

But......

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

“The first rule about VST Club is: you do not talk about VST Club. The second rule about VST Club is: you do NOT TALK about VST Club.”

I'm thinking you having your clubs confused 🤫

1 hour ago, Grem said:

We all know the NES didn't have a sound chip capable of playing the music in that game!!! 

: )

Actually we don't all know that. But I do now,  many thanks!

Rogue on the Unix server had absolutely no sound at all, and was the best computer game ever invented !

0602.jpg

Edited by emeraldsoul

Nowadays, with all these free stuff and even top quality software costing much less than 20+ years ago, using pirated software is less a matter of necessity and more a matter of principle or a religious issue. Lack of principles, I mean, and... well... everyone is entitled for his or her own religion, isn't it?  🙃

Edited by Sergio

Bought and paid-for software of any significant complexity is observably getting more unstable and crashy as endless piles of new code are added on top of old code that no one understands any longer. And that's from reputable companies that at least on paper would like their stuff to work perfectly.

The last thing I'm going to do is 'save money' by buying ersatz software that almost certainly comes with trojans, keyloggers, and ransomware as an exciting value-add. If they don't just steal the money (and more?) and deliver nothing whatsoever.

At least Adobe CC is up front about being ransomware!

7 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

So even though it appears like a fraud, a scam, a ripoff . . . . I'm still feeling pissed that Spaghetti Western is $59 . . .    :)

image.thumb.png.2aaaed379def3c1d28054a88d3b0aba4.png

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback.    I knew my forum mates would give me the straight scoop.

The Spaghetti Western plugin is the reason I was steered to the site in the first place.   Even at list price of $250 it is an amazing plugin that I'd love to play with.

I did an internet search for the plugin and guess what site was at the top of the list.  I'd never heard of the site until then.  When I saw the plugin priced at $60 my first thought was WOW!  I know the list price is $250 so I immediately became suspicious.

The overwhelming majority of my software is free. or donated by fellow forum members.  Some forum members have multiple product licenses and  generous enough to donate their extra licenses for Melodyne Essentials and Kontakt 5 to me.   I'm extremely grateful for their support.