for "Him"

mark skinner

Tom , I couldn't find anything leaning left. What I did find was that low sub located on a drum track was completely out of key with the song. I had lowered the song a half step early on and didn't think about the drum track. I just fixed it in melodyne. I think I've heard it so many times it sounded normal to me. I wouldn't have found it without you getting me to look closer at the low freq. stuff.  Thanks .. mark 

• Like 1

I'm in the process of redoing the bass. The sub and the bass are the only things I didn't do on this mix. I've tuned the sub and turned it down , bass is coming along pretty good. I actually thought the vocals were pretty hot. I think I worry a little too much  about making my vocals getting too loud. I'll try boosting them when I remix. Thanks for the Great comments and suggestions. Keep them coming , I'm a good ways from being satisfied with this one..   mark

Sorry about re-posting so quickly. To @emeraldsoul  I just adjusted the eq on the sub and moved it off of the One to the Two on most of the song . "Incredible" difference. I see why I like your music You have a great set of ears and are able to feel a mix.  I had a problem with the sub but couldn't put my finger on it.   Thanks .. mark

• Like 1

Hello to all ,  the original link is now a remix. I did a Lot of work on the drums and all lower freq. Rerecorded the bass and did a small vocal boost. The vocals were cutting thru better with all the mud out of the lows even though it's still pretty bassy. Thanks for all the Great suggestions you really helped me improve this.

I had never heard the Johnny Cash version of this. It's so perfect I assumed it might be a BaB track. If not, the mix, vocals and everything are prefect here on my studio cans. Whatever you tweaked must have been a real improvement. 

• Like 1