How do I change where to install bandlab to?

Bevan

Question

Clicking on the '...' for the default C drive pathways under settings only brings up 'open folder'.

And never mind that I cant even log in to my Cakewalk account and password reset isnt sending me any links.

Edited by Bhav

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Clicking on the '...' for the default C drive pathways under settings only brings up 'open folder'.

To be able to select the install location of Cakewalk by Bandlab, it has to be a fresh install.  If you have a previous install of Cakewalk, it will use the previous install location and you cannot change it.

One option is to more your Cakewalk install folder to another drive.  Then create links to point to that drive.

Mind you, Cakewalk by Bandlab core only takes about 220 meg. If you are worried about this amount of space on your system drive, then it's time to invest in a larger system drive.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

And never mind that I cant even log in to my Cakewalk account and password reset isnt sending me any links.

For this one, you'll need to send an email to support@cakewalk.com to request a password reset as password resets are handled manually at this time.