Acustica Audio updates- N4 + Pink4

Hidden Symmetry

1 minute ago, Dzilizzi said:

As a note, after you update this stuff, hit the trash can to delete the download files.  They take up a lot of room. 

Very true, but if you update it will do so very quickly if you don't delete said files.

27 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

They were taking up about 30GB of my 1TB SSD.  If I could put them somewhere else, it would be okay. 

Settings (the gear in the upper right)

Installation tab

Stage Area Path

4 minutes ago, antler said:

That's what I used to think... then I had to buy a new samples drive shortly after a 'few' libraries

Let me preface this with I know I own too much stuff.  I probably have about 7.5 TB of Kontakt libraries and another 1.5 to 2 TBs of EW and UVI stuff.  Granted, it started getting out of hand when I got into the orchestral libraries....  And there's a lot of free stuff on spinning drives. There may be more, as I'm not really counting all my drives.  Just the ones I regularly use....  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, scook said:

Settings (the gear in the upper right)

Installation tab

Stage Area Path

Can I move the N4 temp repository like this also, or will it mess up the program?  It isn't urgent yet.  It takes up about 34GBs.

Part of my problem is I run both ProTools and Cubase.  So I need AAX and VST.  Each plugin is small, but it adds up after a while. 

The "N4 repository path" ?

There may be a hack to do so but according to https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/35000109347-how-to-install-n4-and-libraries-through-aquarius

NOTES:

• You can not move manually the N4 repository folder, the product will stop working.
  • To change the N4 repository folder or a library path you should first uninstall the library and N4 or N4 Player first.

2 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

I probably have about 7.5 TB of Kontakt libraries and another 1.5 to 2 TBs of EW and UVI stuff.

All of a sudden, I no longer feel I have that much stuff... 😜

Granted, it started getting out of hand when I got into the orchestral libraries....

I know exactly what you mean

• Like 1

Thanks.  That is what I thought.  I was trying to find it in the Solutions area, but hadn't found it yet. Might be worth reinstalling if it gets too big.  

If you can't be bothered to reinstall, a symbolic link might work - you move the actual directory, but create a link to it in its place:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/mklink

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

As a note, after you update this stuff, hit the trash can to delete the download files.  They take up a lot of room. 

Here's a tip:

When you download a new release keep the backup files in the repository for a few weeks or so. There can be quite a few updates in the first month. ( I refer to AA's new releases as 'working betas' with us customers  finding & reporting bugs)

Since the main files are still in repository only the necessary files needed for the update (usually much smaller size) will be downloaded. If deleted Aquarius downloads the full file & as you know they can be several GB's.

When the update cycle seems to quiet down then either purge them using Aquarius or by hand.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Here's a tip:

When you download a new release keep the backup files in the repository for a few weeks or so. There can be quite a few updates in the first month. ( I refer to AA's new releases as 'working betas' with us customers  finding & reporting bugs)

Since the main files are still in repository only the necessary files needed for the update (usually much smaller size) will be downloaded. If deleted Aquarius downloads the full file & as you know they can be several GB's.

When the update cycle seems to quiet down then either purge them using Aquarius or by hand.

I just moved the AA staging file to a different drive.  Now I will probably keep them for a while.  I'm currently updating Pink and it is taking much longer than usual, probably due to my trashing it all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

I just moved the AA staging file to a different drive.  Now I will probably keep them for a while.  I'm currently updating Pink and it is taking much longer than usual, probably due to my trashing it all. 

Here's my setup;

I have a 'Acustica_Aquarius_Stage' folder located on one of my internal drives that I use for downloads.

The Main files (.dll, ENG., N2V) all get installed into a folder on one of my SSD's that I named 'acustica64'

N4 & its files go on the same SSD but in their own separate 'nebulatemprepository' folder

This keeps all the unwanted GB's off my main drive. ( I don't install AA VST3)

• Like 1