MeldaProduction Free MONASTERY GRAND

Hidden Symmetry

Right after I discovered its not-so-discreet charms, I sat down at the Slingerlands and recorded my attempt at a NIN-type early 90's industrial beat (to a click), then put MComb on the drum bus and modified one of the presets to make the filter thingies go back and forth tempo sync'd. As in the Stargate scenario above, I didn't really know what I was doing except I figured out how to change the oscillators to tempo sync and I think I adjusted the Q to be sharper. The results were ferocious.

I wonder what I could do if I fully understood how to use it!:/

Really, I could see a university class being developed and taught around these things. It would be more useful than quite a few of the ones I actually took.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 2:07 AM, mettelus said:

I need to delve into MSoundFactory again... I didn't realize you could set up your own instuments similar to Kontakt until I saw a comment on that fly by. After seeing the thread where the guy made a choir of his family, I want to see how "choir capable" MSoundFactory is in this regard.

I am definitely late to the party on this one. @Chandler made a video all the way back in October 2019! The Sampler module also lets you load up sfz files, so from about the 6 minute mark to the end covers sfz and then vocal sampling / choir effect (7 minute mark onward). The GUI on MSoundFactory is another deep one, and uses some module formats from MXXX. Now that I have gotten to fiddle with it a bit, it definitely has capability for self-made choir usage.

The Sampler seemed to be the only way to import the MDrummer sounds, but I am not sure if there are other means to do so.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 7:07 AM, mettelus said:

The MDrummer Electronic Genres was new (to me) and I just happened to check on More Details->Installation Notes and was surprised that it says it also plays on the SoundFactory Player (or MDrummer).

I see in the Installation Notes that MDrummer Electronic Genres should work also in the free player, after the trial period expires. So what's the consensus, does it work in the free player, anyone can confirm?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I see in the Installation Notes that MDrummer Electronic Genres should work also in the free player, after the trial period expires. So what's the consensus, does it work in the free player, anyone can confirm?

I think they work but I don't think you can actually get to them in "free mode" - basically free mode means you lose the edit facility and you can just use the 'easy' presets (like the monastery grand) - I don't think there are any 'easy presets' that use the Mdrummer samples

as I say - I'm not 100% but I think that's the case

• Like 1