hangs on "Creating UI"

nostradamust

On 2/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, zhangkekf said:

Please see here:  

I've been troubled by this problem for a long time.

The post tell that : When you open a project, cakewalk / sonar platinum will try to lookup some zip file outside the project and try to extract it. If you encounter a damaged zip file or a zip file that takes a long time to extract, you will always get stuck in the "creating UI".

Because of conclusion in topic above, I remember that I created a huge zip file at  "D:/mydata.zip" not long ago. Extracting it will take 20 minutes more.

And  I opened any project in cakewalk and hang at "creating UI" for 20 minutes or more time .

I removed the D:/mydata.zip and all projects were loaded successfully and faster!

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder? 

Thnks for posing that thread.   I Just had the same problem. It  would  take almost 10 minutes to load.  I deleted some other folders  but I  had a zip file on my desktop that had midi files in it.  Soon as I moved   it to another location....no more  hang  ups while   "creating UI".