hangs on "Creating UI"

nostradamust

Same here no projects loading since I installed the last update. 

Can't work on new projects either...

Update about 10 mins later after reading thread:

Edit >  Preferences > Customization > Display > Disabled Project Load Notifications

Everything back up and running as expected!  

Thanks Noel for the tip!!

Version.JPG

Issue.JPG

Settings.JPG

prefs.JPG

Edited by Greg Morales
New Information

• 4 weeks later...

*UPDATE - LOL... shot myself in the foot real bad... the default IO's were ASIO, my creative X-Fi only uses WDM... so once I fixed that... voila!

Chiming in here... I not only get a failure at the UI notification but endup with a BSOD error stating DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (with the resultant forced restart)

I've tried updating hard drive drivers, but I don't have iastor anywhere.

I've attached my sysinfo file (memory.dmp is too big)

'preciate the feedback :)

sysinfo.txt

Edited by Rick Hamouris
Solution

6 hours ago, Rick Hamouris said:

*UPDATE - LOL... shot myself in the foot real bad... the default IO's were ASIO, my creative X-Fi only uses WDM... so once I fixed that... voila!

Chiming in here... I not only get a failure at the UI notification but endup with a BSOD error stating DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (with the resultant forced restart)

I've tried updating hard drive drivers, but I don't have iastor anywhere.

I've attached my sysinfo file (memory.dmp is too big)

'preciate the feedback :)

sysinfo.txt

Having had those BSOD errors for a while (Windows 7), I found out that it was my video card (NVidia) causing them.  But it wasn't the drivers or the hardware, rather the card had worked itself slightly loose in the PCIe slot!  I unscrewed it, reseated it and it was fine...until it happened again.  Did the same thing again and it's OK - I think there's a heating/cooling cycle that makes this happen in my case (pun unintended).

That may not be what's happening in yours, but I'd look at the video card rather than anything else.

• 4 weeks later...

HI, I have the same problem on Cakewalk Bandlab: when I open a project, Cakewalk freezing on "Creating UI..." then crash.

I have read your post but I am not able to solve problem.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Bruno

• 1 year later...

Has anyone received a definitive fix for this issue? I don't remember exactly when it started, but I'm thinking it was after a CbB update. I had been running a 3 monitor setup with no issues. I uninstalled the 3rd monitors video card to see if that's what the issue is, but it still hangs at Creating UI. Things I've tried:

1. Unchecking the notifications box- Didn't fix

2. Opening in safe mode and renaming the project- seems to fix those projects.

3. Tried to open a CbB template and it hangs.

4. Other projects still have the hang issue. 

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Please see here:  

I've been troubled by this problem for a long time.

The post tell that : When you open a project, cakewalk / sonar platinum will try to lookup some zip file outside the project and try to extract it. If you encounter a damaged zip file or a zip file that takes a long time to extract, you will always get stuck in the "creating UI".

Because of conclusion in topic above, I remember that I created a huge zip file at  "D:/mydata.zip" not long ago. Extracting it will take 20 minutes more.

And  I opened any project in cakewalk and hang at "creating UI" for 20 minutes or more time .

I removed the D:/mydata.zip and all projects were loaded successfully and faster!

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder?