hangs on "Creating UI"

nostradamust

when I open a project (usually first project after firing up the computer), CbB hangs on "Creating UI".  I have to close with Task Manager then try again, which usually opens fine 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Anyone else having this issue? I've only seen the issue in the last month  -  month and a half.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, Intel i7 4.00GHz , 16gb ram, NVidia GTX 760, dual monitor, MOTU 896 mk3 [T.I. Firewire], MOTU midi express XT

TIA

hnags on Creating UI.JPG

Edited by nostradamust
corrected text

1 hour ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Is it for every project or just one specific project? Maybe its having a hard time with a cache. 

for any project.  have been working on a lot of dif projects lately, doesn't seem to be a problem with a particular file.

if it's a cache problem, is there a setting I could adjust to see if it helps?

The video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, one of the first things I did when the problem started was to update drivers and software for it...

I'm slightly embarrassed I never thought about checking for MoBo BIOS and Chipset drivers updates since getting this PC several years ago.

I haven't had time in the past week to open too many projects, but I have opened a handful of projects and haven't seen any issues since updating  BIOS and Chipset.

Thanks for your help StarTekh! I think that was it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, klbailey3 said:

I have the same issue..sucks! someone please help!

Have you tried doing the same things the OP did? Checking the motherboard bios and video card and chipset drivers?

It may seem weird sometimes, especially when it worked one day and not the next, but this DAW work that we do is just about the most demanding work that you can put computer hardware to, and it will reveal any little issue, so check everything hardware and driver related first. At the worst, you'll wind up with the latest drivers for everything.

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Have you tried doing the same things the OP did? Checking the motherboard bios and video card and chipset drivers?

It may seem weird sometimes, especially when it worked one day and not the next, but this DAW work that we do is just about the most demanding work that you can put computer hardware to, and it will reveal any little issue, so check everything hardware and driver related first. At the worst, you'll wind up with the latest drivers for everything.

yes. after reading this post I updated my bios, video, chipset etc..still same problem.

I've been working on a mix and the session I saved sunday will not open. I had to go back to a save from Friday and go from there..I did that last night. now that save will not open today!

Dell XPS 8700 /i7-4790 /32gb  /GeForce GT 720 /Windows 10 /UAD Firewire

Edited by klbailey3

Awful.

Good to get more information, though. But it sounds like the problem is perhaps more project-specific.

The next things to check out for troubleshooting purposes are:

Do other projects open successfully? If you switch the audio driver to WASAPI or WDM does it behave any differently? If you open the project in Safe Mode (hold the Shift key) what happens?

It is possible that you are using a plug-in that is not playing nice. By this I mean that it's been fine up to this time, but as you've been fine-tuning your mix, you maybe turned a knob to the point where the plug-in crashes and takes Cakewalk with it. It's just one possibility. There are hundreds more.

Try these things are report back.

klbaily3 ...Personaly I would uninstall Sonar and clean up registry .. then do a clean install ...The orignal install had to try to work with your system in a Not Ready To Be Installed ....mode... il chk back as I have questions about your drivers .. bbl