Toneboosters- Compressor 4

Hidden Symmetry

Interface that shows levels, compression and curves in real time
    Assisted sliders helping you to make the right decisions quickly
    External side chain option with channel selectors and full-fledged integrated equalizer
    Side chain real-time spectrum analyzer
    Compression zones: Select which channels and frequency range to apply compression to
    Ultra-low harmonic distortion (<-100dB typically) for pristine dynamics processing
    Unlimited internal headroom
    Lookahead attack and adaptive release options
    Configurable release curve shape
    Configurable soft knee and compression range parameters
    Audition modes for side chain and signal affected by compression in isolation
    Amount control for parallel / New York style compression
    High DSP core efficiency to allow many instances simultaneously
    Peak, peak hold and RMS output VU meters
    Real-time output spectrum analyzer
€29
https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_compressor_v4.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

Have you checked out Barricade from Toneboosters?  I use it for mastering all the time.

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_barricade_v4.html

Yes, that is the  only comp in the v4 (with the limiter) I was refering too, as it has both a comp section and the limiter section, but the real focus is on the limiter.  

Barricade CM was my go to for years.  v4 was even better.

Haven't tried it yet but it's been updated.

Compressor v4.1.0

Fixed a bug in the envelope follower causing too aggressive behavior for certain sampling rates and channel configurations

Added compressor mode control to allow selection between analytic, analog and warm compressor behavior

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Haven't tried it yet but it's been updated.

Compressor v4.1.0

Fixed a bug in the envelope follower causing too aggressive behavior for certain sampling rates and channel configurations

Added compressor mode control to allow selection between analytic, analog and warm compressor behavior

I tried out the  release before this one and thought it was very nice for transparent compression.

My notes for updates I'd like to see where different models (what it came with was super clean), to add some analog flavors, etc.   

So this likley addressed  that .

I'd like to also see the option for more "bands" in the zone section.     Being able to compress one frequency zone is certianly a step up from most compressors, but seems like why not give the opiton to make it a multi-band as well if and when needed.  

I could see this being a real workhorse and go-to.  Look forward to checking out the two new modes, if they are any good I can't possibly see any reason not to use this thing as a primary.  

• Like 1